Child pages
  • 2017-07-27 Leadership Team Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

rHow to Join

Contact Jamie Thomas for more information on how to join the call.

Agenda

  • July 27, 2017
    Attendees:
    • Terry
    • Jeff
    • Christine
    • Darius
    • Andy
    • Mark
    • Burke 
    • Joseph 
    Informational
    • OMRS17 Announcement
    • Talk post (after discussion on LT over concerns)- Christine will post to Talk
    • dates- proposed December 11-15  ( will clarify the weekends before /after) 
    • Past feedback from prior conferences: 2 days is too short. 4 days is too long. So, something close to 3 days is the sweet spot for the main part of the conference.
    • additional follow up with Malawi initiated by Paul last week (open source/etc)
    • Bahmni-OpenMRS Town Hall Meeting Update
    • DJ- had town hall centering on fiscal /Bahmni
    • good attendance
    • content already shared on talk ; posted link to the notes page- darius will reply to Andys talk post asking for update 
    • Update on Application to North Star Alliance Partnership- Jeff
    • No update
    • Connecting with Global Emergency Care in Uganda - Jeff
    • Anybody have connections to reach out? No update otherwise
    • TC reached out to Brad Dreyfuss 
    • OpenMRS Phillipines Group Meeting - July 27, 2017 ( Burke/Paul) 
    • welcome from OpenMRS group ( Burke/Paul) 
    • had OpenMRS meeting - overwhelming interest; 60+ people enrolled 
    • Tech update - Burke /Darius
    • security updates may need additional evaluation
    • Burke will out this on his to do list
    • GSoC Update- Burke? 
    • mentors second round of evaluations 
    • consider coordination of show and tell in mid process
    • burke encouraging this - up to the GSoC leads 
    Discussion
    • Infrastructure Funding (Burke) 
    • Jet Stream 
    • continued issues around infrastructure 
    • some problems with update to Talk
    • funding need - 
    • sys admin
    • freelancer ( average 50/hour in the US- 50K)
    • grad student to do this work 
    • Plan:
    • identify needs/ LOE
    • reach out to Cintia 
    • determine costing of providing these services  ( DJ will ask about costs in India; Jembi/ InfoSoft/ Africa based companies) 
    • determine if OpenMRS community endorses this spend
    • send to the OpenMRS Board for their discussion 
    • Examples of specific infrastructure needs:
    • Fixing Discourse
    • Migrating servers to Jetstream (includes all Atlassian tools)
    • Fixing our Single Sign-On
    • Skills we are looking for:
    • Sysadmin skills (facile with linux server admin, Ubuntu, bash)
    • Skills experience with tools like Docker, Ansible, Terraform
    • Any experience with Atlassian tools would be great
    • Minicamp/Leadership team / Project Coordination Meeting
    • potential to meet at AMIA as a side board
    • could do mid year/ 3-4 hours long ( and can start this next year- 12 months from now) 
    • project coordination/ leadership team meeting
    • open invite
    • one day meeting either before or after  ( or both) 
    • would be in addition to the conference and the Hackathon ( consider pre meeting Hackathon so that people can show what they are doing during the meeting) 
    • check to see if there is enough space for this meeting
    • Fundraising Update
    • Skoll update= Paul
    • problems with Guide Star- update on profile as well as updating current address on web site 
    • fundraising campaign around OpenMRS- limited results with this 
    • Amazon smile-- need to change the address for this
    • accounting group ( includes theresa, paul, burke to this) accounting [@] openmrs.org ( can use this and change known addresses to this for accounting information)  
    • Bahmni Update
    • discussed on BOD, AC
    • governance update 
    • legal review back to the BoD
    • may be some limited resources from DIAL and PATH ( as part of global goods)
    • funding for 
    • transition from TW to Bahmni Coalition 
    • support the 'team'- keeping some TW/ Bahmni experienced developers engaged ( focus on core features and not implementations)
    • infrastructure
    • other Coalition developers to support Bahmni ( core features; not implementations) 
    • training/capacity development while onboarding while doing actual work 
    • if OpenMRS is the Fiscal sponsor, indirect costs can to OpenMRS 
    • Update on Summit - OMRS17 - Christine ( Jan, Jeff, Christine)  
    • See above
    Monthly Items 
    • Fundraising Update
    • Oeprational Plan Update
    • Budget/Expenses/ first Thursday
    • Partnerships- third Thursday 
    Quarterly Update (link to the quarterly status spreadsheet?)
    • Infrastructure Update (Quarterly - Jun, Sep, Dec)
    • Ongoing Quarterly metric review of specific areas
    Parking Lot Follow Up items
    • Diversity Council-Terry 
    • Follow up re:  Pathway to Improved Terminology Management for the OpenMRS Community - Jonathan Payne ( update) - deferred

Notes

You can also access the notes below here.

  • No labels