Child pages
  • 2017-07-24 Project Management Meeting
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Discussion items

ItemWhoNotes
Last weeks action items 2017-07-17 Project Management Meeting
Internships (GSoC)Harsha Kumara & Kaweesi Joseph
  • Week 8
  • July 24 - Mentors and students can begin submitting Phase 2 evaluations
  • July 28 - Phase 2 Evaluation deadline
  • Burke will encourage students to provide mid-term "fair/update" on project over Talk
BintrayRafal Korytkowski & Darius Jazayeri
  • Rafal has written down the migration path from Modulus to Bintray/Addons at Modulus Migration Path
  • Would like feedback on anything missing
  • Please also review the new Module Release page. - please look at this week
  • Need to Ask Rafal what deadline have been set
AndelaDaniel Kayiwa
  • progressing well
  • demo date will be announced by tomorrow morning - then put on OMRS events calendar
PlatformBurke Mamlin
  • The document is here.
  • Posting to Talk today and then will schedule a call in the near future
Reference ApplicationStephen Senkomago Musoke
  • Stephen Senkomago Musoke prepare some documentation for options to migrate Ref App style guide to Boostrap with the hope to leverage Andela devs
pmtool 
  • Will look at community priority ticket process and engagement on 8/7
  • core apps module broken Mark Goodrich appears to be working on it
  • Run through community priority tickets - design call (need Daniel Kayiwa Darius Jazayeri but want more)
    • do they make sense, identify most useful for projects (would like project teams to join)
    • look at tickets labeled community priority goal of tickets are to identify strategic issues for the community and would love any and all input
Other 
  • Talk about logistics and cross walk of the Quarterly Scrum of Scrums? (would like to have Terry and Jan on the call)
  • Need to have a larger discussion on whether just bringing a list to this group is good enough or how do we build a "mentoring system" like GSoC
    • Daniel has been trying to start a policy for follow up with people who introduce themselves to help guide
    • have a backlog, reached out and not getting a lot of responses
  • Looking at the timing of these calls to make sure they are convenient for everyone (Example: Jan Flowers can not come during the current time)
    • Thursday 2 or 3 UTC (10 or 11am EDT )
Design Call Reporting Enhancements

Action items

  • Burke Mamlin will encourage students to provide mid-term "fair/update" on project over Talk
  • Darius Jazayeri will draft a Talk post for Stephen Senkomago Musoke to send to get more ideas for work groups like Andela can do
  • Stephen Senkomago Musoke prepare some documentation for options to migrate Ref App style guide to Boostrap with the hope to leverage Andela devs
  • Theresa Cullen will put together a draft of survey questions for people who introduce themselves Jamie Thomas will then send to PM group to review
  • Jamie Thomas will email about potential new timing of this PM call