Child pages
  • 2017-07-17 Project Management Meeting
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Discussion items

ItemWhoNotes
Internships (GSoC)Kaweesi Joseph
  • Week 7
BintrayRafal Korytkowski & Darius Jazayeri
  • Rafal has written down the migration path from Modulus to Bintray/Addons at Modulus Migration Path
  • Would like feedback on anything missing
  • Please also review the new Module Release page.
  • Need to set some deadlines.
AndelaDaniel Kayiwa
  • things are going well and making process
  • doing a sprint for existing tickets for 1.0 while Daniel organizes tickets for Reference App and Platform
  • have GSoC student working on getting administrative features to OWAs
  • how to organize OWAs vs modules and avoid intrepid. (burke, daniel, wylcif rafal, darius)
  • who else can create a list of items for Andela to work on? Like UI work?
  • make a more public place to ask for ideas (ie. Talk post)
PlatformBurke Mamlin
  • The document is here.
  • Ready to post to Talk
Reference ApplicationStephen Senkomago Musoke
pmtool 
  • Will look at community priority ticket process and engagement on 8/7
Other 
  • Outcome of Quarterly Scrum of Scrums on July 12th
    • summaries for those who didn't show at the end of the call
    • need to have better time management (be clear there is a 10 min standup)
    • post to Talk separate and be clear there is a 10 min standup
  • Talk about logistics and cross walk of the Quarterly Scrum of Scrums? (would like to have Terry and Jan on the call)
  • Need to have a larger discussion on whether just bringing a list to this group is good enough or how do we build a "mentoring system" like GSoC
    • Daniel has been trying to start a policy for follow up with people who introduce themselves to help guide
    • have a backlog, reached out and not getting a lot of responses
  • Looking at the timing of these calls to make sure they are convenient for everyone (Example: Jan Flowers can not come during the current time)
    • Will be posting a Doodle poll to Talk today- required Terry, Jan, Burke, Darius, Jamie, Wyclif, Daniel, Rafal, Stephen

Action items

  • Darius Jazayeri will draft a Talk post for Stephen Senkomago Musoke to send to get more ideas for work groups like Andela can do
    Burke Mamlin  to post on Talk to get platform vision conversation going and possibly having a call in the near future
  • Stephen Senkomago Musoke prepare some documentation for options to migrate Ref App style guide to Boostrap with the hope to leverage Andela devs
  • Jamie Thomas will schedule PM to review lessons learned and improvements for Scrum of Scrum before the next (October 11)