How to Join
Contact Jamie Thomas for more information on how to join the call.
- Agenda June 22, 2017Attendees:BillTerryJeffJonathanMarkEllenDariusWyclifInformational
- Town Hall Meeting- tentatively scheduled for June 28 at 1 PM EDT - Jeff
- agenda items
- coordinator - jeff may be able to do this if need be
- Global Goods Update- Terry- no current update
- Terry to reach out for potential inclusion in the next round
- Operational Plan second quarter-- please update your information ( second URL)
- what isn't working
- what is at risk
- how can we help you?
- Web update-- Jeff
- Card Sort Study: https://25ohbg71.optimalworkshop.com/optimalsort/3t56yr11
- Only 10 people can reply ( free version)
- Already sent to Infrastructure, Developers, and Implementers
- Most people aren't using the site on a daily basis
- input from 'outside' perspective
- TW people
- Jeff's wife...
- Bahmni Update- Darius/Jan
- governance- asked for response to the proposed governance
- requesting funding from PATH ( seeking funding)
- response to BoD concerns
- Talk update needed
- legal input-
- structure some of the discussion around explicit risk/benefits (rewards)
- what does OpenMRS get from this? what is the benefit and the value add to OpenMRS and the OpenMRS community?
- what do we exist for? What are we trying to do? what does OpenMRS have that is unique or a value add?
- does retaining control matter
- who do we want to be/ what is our path forward
- potential for more engagement in OpenMRS eco-system ( awareness/ facilitate/direct impact)
- does the relationship with Bahmni bring an opportunity for additional development/ awareness within the OpenMRS community overall?
- opportunity that co-exists because of this proposal ( darius role and potential for impact on OpenMRS community)
- positions OpenMRS to have larger impact- as we engage in a larger open collaboration ( Bahmni coalition)
- political and community collaboration impact - one of our goals is to enable collaboration and this may provide an expedited pathway to this
- larger product lines-- may be more difficult to show value of the collaboration
- Bahmni as a ditribution provided 'on top' functionality
- how does this help OpenMRS have more options for integration into a larger suite
- supports additional distributions with value added to the portfolio
- make sure that it is easy to understand our engagement-- be able to answer the Why we did this
- clear understanding of the relationship between OpenMRS and this engagement
- Advisory Committee- deferred time due to July 4th ( and lots of people indicating that they cant attend); rescheduled for July 19)
- Proposed Agenda Item
- How much focus should we be giving Distributions? Should we continue to encourage more of them, bring them together to share code, etc?
- Philippines CHITS
- Update on Summit - OMRS17 - Christine
- Official applications subitted through form (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QCr4D6iVx-_23_gkJJxpal1yuLxVuVhKpOB1A8cGNAM/edit#gid=497091649)
- Kenya- strong application
- Swaziland- pending info on visa policy and airport transfers
- Malawi- strong application
- OMRS16 After Action Review
- METS is willing to help advise us this year
- "Planning an OpenMRS Conference"
- reach out to other countries from a partnership perspective for future opportunities ( Haiti/ Central America/ Uganda/Ghana)
- Funding for Infrastructure- Burke ( on wards); deferred until Burke back from wards
- should we take OpenMRS money to fund this ( how much are we talking about?)
- how much do we need
- how do we fund it
- potential for 'internships'- Jeff/Terry
- is there a need/a way to do this?
- We encourage them to post to the Job Board if they're post school.
- Some people request opportunities for non-dev roles, how would we mobilize them?
- Diversity Council- languishing
- Balance Sheet - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_y29Xu_eUu9ZlExeEw2OGtyWkE
- Sustain OSS
- tech and OS community/OS sustainment for projects
- DIAL - part of the UN Foundation
- Big grant to disrupt current ICT international development
- Michael is community lead ( under Jeff Wishney)
- best practices
- impact of more partnerships
- shared resources/ shared services
- may be most interested in earlier role in getting OS projects
- Report on Fundraising Efforts @Andy
- Operational Plan Update
- Budget/Expenses/ first Thursday
- Partnerships- third Thursday
- Infrastructure Update (Quarterly - Jun, Sep, Dec)
- Diversity Council
- Ongoing Quarterly metric review of specific areas
- who is contributing code
- volunteer contributions
Parking Lot Follow Up items
- go through some of the numbers--and gather them before the TH and review them
- Follow up re: Pathway to Improved Terminology Management for the OpenMRS Community - Jonathan Payne ( update) - deferred
- Next steps:
- review google doc and engage on talk thread
You can also access the notes below here.
- No labels
Text is available under the Creative Commons 4.0 International Attribution License (CC BY 4.0).
Software is available under the Mozilla Public License 2.0 with Healthcare Disclaimer (MPL 2.0 HD).
"OpenMRS" is a registered trademark and the OpenMRS graphic logo is a trademark of OpenMRS Inc.