Child pages
  • 2017-06-01 Leadership Team Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to Join

Contact Jamie Thomas for more information on how to join the call.

Agenda

June 01, 2017
OpenMRS Leadership Team Meeting
Attendees
Darius
Bill
Terry
Burke
Hamish 
Paul
Jan
Jonathan 
Suranga
Informational
  • Operational Plan 2017-- please update your spread sheet and indicate any potential pitfalls
  • Global Goods Update- Terry
  • Boston Consulting Group Evaluation of OpenMRS for global goods ( funded by USAID) 
  • attempting to identify/ develop cost evaluation methodology
  • COCOMO model
  • Revenue based- grants to OpenMRS or implementing organizations/deployments
  • FTE based
  • number of full time employees in central organizations per year since inception 
  • rough salary averages
  • OpenMRS Volunteer of the month update-  Jeff 
  • repost to talk on May 30/repost to twitter
Discussion
  • Town Hall Meeting- tentatively scheduled for June 28 at 1 PM
  • need agenda items and facilitator
  • Jeff will put a 'hold the date' time on Talk and on the calendar 
  • OpenMRS BoD members- Paul / Jan
  • BoD meeting scheduled for later
  • will be about membership and Bahmni
  • Bahmni and OpenMRS- Darius
  • discussed what is noted in this document
  • need legal advice through the BOD
  • timeline - OpenMRS BOD
  • LT commitment to pursuing this option
  • Update on Summit - OMRS17 - Christine
  • list of interested countries with direct outreach
  • From Christine-- I reached to the four countries, ie Malawi, Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
  • > I got a response from Kenya, who seem interested. I think I copied you in the email.
  • > I also got one from Tanzania, in which they simply said they will get back to me.
  • > I haven't gotten a response from Malawi and Uganda.
  • application form developed 
  • ANDELA - DIscussion about partnerships / service providers- Jan/Darius 
  • want to start up a new contract, proposing:
  • 4 developers per month (each would stay for 3 months, so 12 devs in the steady state)
  • can be working on core priorities
  • attach dollar amount to the contract - will sort out before end of the month
  • put on BOD agenda 
  • marketing of their capabilities to OpenMRS implementers/consumers
  • more prominantly featured as an OpenMRS partner 
  • would like broader products
  • participation by presenting demos every two weeks-- should do project wrap up/final show case
  • Fundraising Update
  • SKOLL feedback
  • what is the fundamental change that we want to see/want to be
  • who are we
  • not just a tech company/software development
  • benefit to be seen as mentoring/education for health care
  • consider using a LT call to discuss this
  • facilitated discussion around number of questions ( product, development, impact and outcomes) 
  • what is our scope
  • what is our value
  • health value/programmatic effect
  • what is our benefit  (health/human impact)
  •  how do we frame that social good
  • software and the relationship of this to others (product)
  • e.g.content management relationship to IMO
  • level of productness
  • what makes us disruptive  (disruption)
  • (capacity developement)
  • (economic benefit) - a blend of capacity development, cost aversion, improved health
  • scaling of solutions in Africa ( Hamish)- present on a LT call 
  • identified problems
  • need to do this differently with guidance of how to do and how not to do 
  • effectively lead with OpenMRS
  • what works and what doesnt
  • lessons learned and identified pitfalls 
  • similar lessons- training, small number of sites and then scale; need to get it right 
  • OpenMRS web site update 
  • landing page for OpenMRS  ( who do we want to portray on the web site) 
  • Web Site needs
  • External communication
  • Change that the community wants to see in the world
  • How do we as a community affect that change
  • Metrics of our success
  • Examples of success
  • How you (as the reader) can engage
  • Tech developers need a site too
  • Fiscals
  • update from the budget- Theresa Pritchard ( no update today) 
  • OpenMRS mailing list-- needs to be curated (Jeff will do this if it is OK with people) 
  • Bring up all talk threads about the Leadership Call 
BOD Agenda Items (June) 
  • OpenMRS Summit 
  • participation by BOD members
  • Town Hall
  • participation by BOD member ( s) 
  • Bamhni and OpenMRS
  • Andela Update
  • contractual relationship
  • Fiscal Update
Weekly
  • Report on Fundraising Efforts @Andy
  • Operational Plan Update
Monthly Items 
  • Budget/Expenses/ first Thursday
  • Partnerships- third Thursday 
Quarterly Update
  • Infrastructure Update (Quarterly - Jun, Sep, Dec)
  • Diversity Council
  • Ongoing Quarterly metric review of specific areas
  • who is contributing code
  • volunteer contributions
  • go through some of the numbers--and gather them before the TH and review them
Parking Lot Follow Up items
  • Follow up re:  Pathway to Improved Terminology Management for the OpenMRS Community - Jonathan Payne ( update) - deferred
  • Next steps:
  • review google doc and engage on talk thread

Notes

You can also access the notes below here.

  • No labels