- Created by Unknown User (tkhokhar), last modified by Unknown User (jeffneiman) on 2017-04-03
How to Join
Contact Jamie Thomas for more information on how to join the call.
- March 30, 2017Present:JanTerryBurkeJeffBillSurangaHamishKaweesiInformational
- Annual Plan/report and Press Release- Jeff
- social media- tweeted/ facebook/ talk post/ press release
- document process -@jeff
- OMRS16 Writeup Published in OpenHealthNews- Jeff
- social media- posted to talk/tweet/facebook/
- Update on Infrastructure
- funded grant on JetStream
- IU was recipient; alternative to AWS
- position to be academic version of Amazon
- researchers to use their services - currently hosting on local IU servers
- will do as probono to support OpenMRS
- formal grant submission process ( burke submitted this)
- will provide us with 180K hardware
- Fundraising WIKI Page Update/ Budget Transparency
- Jeff has acquired 1/4 balance report
- Detailed list is currenlty in the works - new accounting firm transition causing delays
- How detailed should we be in our reporting?
- "If I were to give to OpenMRS, how are you going to use it?"- what are we going to use the money for
- If you donate today, the individual donations are used to support x specific item +1(BL)
- if you donate today, the individual donations will be used to support expense areas that are critical to OpenMRS and include the following expense cateogories : +1(JF) +3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971 (BWM) ← Haha! I win!
- Operational Support
- Legal Fees/Service Fees ←
- Scholarships and Travel Grants
- Use previous year expenses as an example of how we've typically used funds in the past
- we could also indicate that an individual can donate for a specific purpose
- Working google doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/173c5DQM-7lSYTdHZAVUmFaBBTyL_oo67-l8v2zHwqLA/edit
- Operational Plan timelines- terry
- review of the calendar/what is due in the next few weeks and update on these
- Strategic Goal Updates
- GSOC- suranga/burke
- Next steps?
- Burke applied for a OpenMRS Inc account for payment
- Kaweesi - remind the mentors to review the proposals
- OSCON- Terry
- OSCON awards scholarships through an application process
- OSCON seems to support OpenMRS scholarship applications
- Scholarship confirmation requests?
- Kaweesi submitted a scholarship application through Oreilly
- asking for supplemental support so that he can accept this scholarship
- If Kaweesi is provided a travel supplement, how do we discuss equal access to grants?
- For the past ten years we've strategically provided travel grants but due to limited funds, we haven't been able to provide open funds to everyone
- Next steps?
- Ask Kaweesi to apply for the travel supplement
- Future: to include public messages out to community regarding which programs we have grants for
- travel grant policy
- open it up for everyone to apply for this
- " we have a process available for people that have received an OSCON scholarship"
- Precedent that we have used money to support people to get to meetings
- Fast Forward Application- Jeff/Jan
- Deadline is Friday March 31, 2017 at 11:59pm PST
- Jeff to send reminder to leadership team
- @Burke - check email to verify AngelList profile to be verified as a co-founder of OpenMRS
- Publicity/Communications Update- Jeff
- Jeff working on Communcations Strategy/Calendar
- Develop strategy to acknowledge Jetstream for their donation/contributions to OpenMRS infrastructure
- Jetstream published a notice here: <http://racinfo.indiana.edu/>
- Report on Fundraising Efforts @Andy
- OMRS17 Locations
- Operational Plan Update
- Budget/Expenses/ first Thursday
- Partnerships- third Thursday
- Infrastructure Update (Quarterly - Jun, Sep, Dec)
- Diversity Council
- Ongoing Quarterly metric review of specific areas
- who is contributing code
- volunteer contributions
- go through some of the numbers--and gather them before the TH and review them
You can also access the notes below here.
- No labels
Text is available under the Creative Commons 4.0 International Attribution License (CC BY 4.0).
Software is available under the Mozilla Public License 2.0 with Healthcare Disclaimer (MPL 2.0 HD).
"OpenMRS" is a registered trademark and the OpenMRS graphic logo is a trademark of OpenMRS Inc.