Interested is participating in the Google Summer of Code program? Please see the GSOC wiki page.

Wiki Spaces

Documentation
Projects
Resources

Get Help from Others

Q&A: Ask OpenMRS »
Discussion: OpenMRS Talk »
Real-Time: IRC Chat

Resources

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to Join

Contact Jeff Neiman for more information on how to join the call.

Agenda

  • 2017-02-16 Leadership Team Agenda
    Attendees:
     Andy Kanter
     Jeff Neiman   
     Terry Cullen
     Jonathan Teich
     Paul
     Burke
    Jan
    Hamish
    Agenda
    Informational
    • Bitergia (Darius)
    • Analytics company that did a demo for OpenMRS 1 year ago
    • Very expensive to have set up
    • There is an open source version that would require effort from OpenMRS to set up
    • No identified volunteers to lead this project
    • Possibly a GSOC project
    • Conference News Release - Open Health News
    • Roger provided feedback on document and requested three additional sections be added (Added to document as "comments")
    • Opening ceremony
    • Closing Ceremony
    • Why was this conference held in Uganda?
    Discussion
    • Board of Directors Meeting- Paul ( see the BoD Wiki page on OpenMRS for details)
    • Discussing the process to make decisions
    • Presenting Jan as the new Community Board Member
    • Annual Report Update
    • Require a 'Moving Forward' letter
    • LT decided that reducing content down to more of a highlight reel would be best
    • @Terry to reduce document
    • Operational Plan Update
    • Will be presented to BOD
    • Technical update-- Burke/Darius (include project management/scrum of scrums) 
    • suggests at minimum, the quarterly range, for updates to be presented by project managers.
    • Fast Forward Seeks Applications for Technology Accelerator Program
    • Jeff to begin application process through collaborative google documents
    • Organizations selected to participate the Fast Forward program will receive a $25,000 grant, thirteen weeks of summer training in San Francisco, and connections to a network mentors.
    • Community to decide who should represent OpenMRS
    • @Jeff to get clarification on time commitment for '13 weeks'
    • Partnerships - Jan
    • Andela going well ( letter signed ) 
    • Soldevelo and Steven M is going well also
    • GSOC - Burke
    • application in
    • SoC has projects listed on the wiki page
    • om.rs/soc16... but not yet!
    • Case study highlighting GSOC winners- Jeff
    • develop framing and documents 
    • @Jeff to start a google doc of questions to ask
    • OpenMRS Google winner
    • Upcoming conferences 
    • guidance for site selection- 
    • Paul posted to Talk, Bill started a Google Doc 
    • started to establish a backup plan if an implementing country isn't able to accomodate
    • Terry suggested the next steps would be to post proposed criteria to Talk community for input
    • christine wants to facilitate as the conference lead
    • summit/ implementers conference 
    • focused on implementation and support
    • side bars to discuss openMRS internal/leadership
    • back up strategy would be for a summit if no implementers interest  
    • leadership team/ thread on Talk - add to agenda for next week @Jeff
    • leadership role/composition/
    • 'leadership' (leaders versus they--the power of language reflects what we are doing) 
    • create more opportunities for engagement /involvement
    • subversion vs git 
    • we and us and not us and them 
    • new path forward ...
    • community engagement on the topic of 'community governance' 
    • how could we organize ourselves in a way that fits better who we are
    • is there some innovative ways for us to do this
    • maybe ask if someone from the community would be willing to faciliate the conversation 
    • think about the role of the book club and when we use that list 
    Recurrent Topics
    • Bring up all talk threads about the Leadership Call 
    Weekly
    • Report on Fundraising Efforts
    • $2,321.61
    • 13 Donors (1 Additional on Feb 9)
    • Andy still needs to get trained by Jeff on Salesforce as soon as Annual report is finished.
    Monthly Items
    * Budget/Expenses/ first Thursday
    * Partnerships- third Thursday 
    Quarterly Update
    • Infrastructure Update (Quarterly - Jun, Sep, Dec)
    • Diversity Council
    • Ongoing Quarterly metric review of specific areas
    • who is contributing code
    • volunteer contributions
    • go through some of the numbers--and gather them before the TH and review them
    Parking Lot Items
    • Recurring governance structure
    • OSCON 2017 Brainstorming (Dec 2015 Brainstorm for May 8-11, 2017)
    • Strategic Goal Updates (every six weeks)- one each week/ ongoing 
    • Review suggested organizational/ community changes (need to find list MD made)
    • Roles of the Community Manager

Notes

You can also access the notes below here.

  • No labels