Have you implemented OpenMRS? Please participate in the Implementation Site Survey. If you already have, thank you!
Child pages
  • 2017-01-05 Leadership Team Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to Join

Contact Jeff Neiman for more information on how to join the call.

Agenda

January 5, 2017
Attendees
Chris
Darius
Terry
Jeff
Michael Healy 
Paul
Maurya
Jan
Burke
Hamish
Mark
Bill 
Suranga
Informational
  • Posting BOD Comm Member election
  • Voting set to be sent out today via Burke
  • will go to people who have posted to OpenMRS Talk during the last year - approximately 800 people
  • give two weeks 
  • individual emails to go out 
  • also post to talk and twitter ( people to know about this) - Jeff will do that ( give some caveats that we are sending out to people who have been active in the communtiy over the last year by posting to Talk)
  • January Volunteer of the Month (Jeff/Jan) - will send out this week to ask for nominations
  • Update on Annual Report
  • draft by January 15; push out by February 1
  • darius is going to get the data
  • write up draft of "where we're going" -@Jeff
  • Get letter to the community from Paul
  • paul's letter -@Jeff
  • consider including the financial information for OpenMRS Inc in the annual report
  • spin it positive in terms of money
  • volunteering/partnerships- balance by focus on the finances as only one of the elements that we report our outcomes
  • lots of substance to the group
  • Quotes @Jeff feedback
  • post on talk for some additional 
  • design format
  • OpenMRS University - Education 
  • initial focus on implementers
  • trying to answer the question "What is it that they need"
  • Educational meeting later this month (January)
  • Looking for specific individuals with success in implementation
  • Posting to Talk and emailing those that attended Education session at OMRS16
  • Developers Educational Material also pushed out already ( Burke) 
  • using the Git Book Model 
  • Community and BoD Quarterly Report/Annual Operational Report due Jan 15
  • Most likely to deliver Annual report first, then operation report the following month
  • Balance Sheet 
  • 10,000 income and donations list ( need to see what this is with Theresa)
  • Bill - good to see proper accounting... we could move towards a brief presentation of the Profit and Loss statement as well as the Balance Sheet (says Bill).   I really appreciate our move towards structured reporting.
  • Discussion of what to state in Annual Report.  Michael suggests ".inc financial report".  (Bill agrees)
  • Funders might like to see (understand?) a distinction between inc and community - MH
  • mock up this and see what it looks like 
  • Advisory Committee
  • impressions from the meeting
  • focus of this call- what we should focus on within the operational plan 
  • perhaps move from monthly calls to some other format
  • discussion with Ben about other ways to approach the group 
  • focus of calls to a specific topic and ask people with that expertise
  • decreasing frequency to less frequent
  • Strategic Operational Plan
  • "Is OpenMRS the right entitity for CERTAIN tasks?"
  • what are the things that only we can do?***
  • look for partners /opportunistic relationships to meet the other needs
  • try to develop a plan that would allow us to achieve 70% of goals 
  • "Some of the things we're doing with the Ref. app are duplicative of other things" - Darius
Discussion
  • MHealy  
  • Moving forward with limited time for OpenMRS
  • desired to maintain a presence and assist in fundraising needs
  • Article Writing
  • overall communications 
  • OpenHealthNews
  • OMRS16 Writeup
  • draft in two weeks/distribute end of the month 
  • Budget/Expenses/ first Thursday - see budget sheet discussion above 
  • Advisory Group Meeting-- discussion and outcomes (See above discussion)
  • Overall Operational Plan Update ( terry) 
  • Ask people assigned to specific goals to respond based on their experience
  • Goal for 2017 should aim for 70% completion
  • Many goals from 2016 will roll into 2017
  • Mailchimp- can opt in or opt out
  • current members/opt in and opt out 
  • consider informational emails about changes that we are doing/ updates with occasional ask 
  • maintained list until a year ago
  • not include all the new community members in the last year
  • need to update the list with people from the last year somehow 
  • are the people who posted to talk in the last year to figure out how to have them sign in 
  • manually pull emails out of talk and include them in the list
  • contact form where people can opt in at the current time- currently works 
Recurrent Topics
  • Bring up all talk threads about the Leadership Call - Jeff
Weekly
  • Report on Personal Fundraising Efforts through the email @Jeff
  • Notification
  • Burke: We use news list in MailChimp, but there is nothing keeping this list updated
  • Jeff: There's a place on your contact page to control subscription
  • Burke: What contact page? Link?
  • Burke: So this is opt-in? I thought we'd want an opt-out model - i.e., anyone getting an OpenMRS ID is automatically subscribed and there's an easy way to unsubscribe (via link in emails and on OpenMRS ID)
  • total collected
  • 2,312.20
  • 11 individual donors
  • 3 people not in the LT per se ( though we know all of them)
  • acknowledgement of gift 
  • develop a SOP for this 
  • what happens when we make the donation
  • how do we thank people - what is the process
  • acknowledgement email in follow up
  • report on donations weekly 
  • tax deductible indication on this
  • manually until thenalso get a digital copy of thank you
  • send digital copy to be automated
  • How to frame appeals?
  • Always say "Thank you" – e.g., "Thank you for supporting the community!"
  • NPR _always_ says "Thank you" in their asks... and I'm sure this isn't by accident.
Future topic: Framing appeals to subscribers
Monthly Items 
  • Budget/Expenses/ first Thursday
  • Partnerships- third Thursday 
Quarterly Update
  • Infrastructure Update (Quarterly - Jun, Sep, Dec)
  • Diversity Council
  • Ongoing Quarterly metric review of specific areas
  • who is contributing code
  • volunteer contributions
  • go through some of the numbers--and gather them before the TH and review them
  • consider looking at Bitergia
Parking Lot Items
  • Recurring governance structure
  • OSCON 2017 Brainstorming (Dec 2015 Brainstorm for May 8-11, 2017)
  • Strategic Goal Updates (every six weeks)- one each week/ ongoing 
  • Review suggested organizational/ community changes (need to find list MD made)
  • Roles of the Community Manager
  • Fundraising from community
  • mailing list use and content
  • opti-in vs opt-out
  • fundraising/stats/general information
  • who unsubscribed after Dec 16 campaign
  • appeal framing (how do we not lose members w/ donation appeals)
  • review SOP (after developed) for funds recepit, acknowledgement
To Do:
@Burke to send BOD vote
    @Jeff to send around SM
@Jan send out VOM post
@Jeff get Paul's letter and writeup 'where we're going' for annual report
@Jeff to complete draft of OMRS16 Writeup by mid january  and distribute for draft review of LT members; and ready for distribution by end of January
@Jeff to develop email calender for content as well as donation solicitation
@Jeff to finalize fundraising process to include resopnse/acknowledgement - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TAPUg2UrtB_yqibdzXkNREUVZHliCkmKa0hFP0yWCDE/edit (include michael healy in this) 
@Jeff to send acknowledgement email and automate it
@jeff will work to revisit email list and develop SOP to maintain subscribers moving forward

  • AOB
  • Review next meeting agenda

Notes

You can also access the notes below here.

  • No labels