Wiki Spaces

Documentation
Projects
Resources

Get Help from Others

Q&A: Ask OpenMRS »
Discussion: OpenMRS Talk »
Real-Time: IRC Chat

Resources

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to Join

 Click here to expand...

In person

Courtesy, please

If you are joining remotely via telephone, Adobe Connect, or Skype, please use a headset-microphone, or at least earphones. Please use the mute feature when you are not speaking.

Interactive meeting - Adobe Connect

  • We routinely share a screen during the call. You can view the screen via our Adobe Connect meeting room at http://connect.iu.edu/omrsdf. For large meetings, the room has the ability to broadcast audio and connect to a telephone-based system as well, as controlled by the meeting hosts.

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1-888-510-4073
  • Access code: 24222#

By Browser

Chat/IRC

  • Chat is available in the Adobe Connect meeting room (see above).
  • A backchannel meta-discussion during the meeting also occurs on IRC.

 

Agenda

  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • Community Supported Modules review
  • Review next meeting agenda

Minutes

Attendees
  • Burke Mamlin
  • Pascal Brandt
  • Ada Yeung
  • Jaswanth
  • Wyclif Luymia
  • Daniel Kayiwa
  • Jamie Thomas
  • Srimaurya Kummamuru
  • Chris Power
  • Willa Mhawila
  • taremwa tadeo
See wiki page: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Community+Modules (Community-Supported Modules section)
Agenda
Community Supported Module Review (**NOTE: ALL TODOS MUST BE ASSIGNED A RESPONSIBLE PERSON OR GROUP)
  • Address Hierarchy Module
  • Owner: Hector Manuel (manuel1972)
  • Maintainers: community
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts:
  • We should add this to list of official RefApp modules (i.e., distributed and supported modules)
  • Plan:
  • Add (note: this is not on the release notes list) Done
  • pascal: Add to wiki page (clean up the wiki) Done
  • pascal: log a bug (if required) to modulus, or try to identify some duplicates
  • burke: Yes. Let's include this in official list of distributed modules!
  • Owner: burke
  • Maintainers: darius, raff, dkayiwa, wyclif, burke
  • Health/Status: active
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Plan: add/keep in next distribution
  • OLD TODOs
  • Is this done? Darius Jazayeri will create a ticket to add module ID to indexing of modules in module repo (need to verify this with Darius)
  • (responsible person or group?) Create a JIRA issue to move this functionality into openmrs-core
  • TODOs
  • pascal: check for ticket create if doesn't exist to ensure that searching by module ID finds module in module repository (e.g., "adminui" not showing Admin UI in results) https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/MOD-91
  • Owner: dkayiwa
  • Maintainers: wyclif, dkayiwa, jdegraft
  • Health/Status: active
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Plan: will be phased out with Platform 2.0
  • TODOs
  • should be retired
  • Owner: dkayiwa
  • Maintainers: wyclif, dkayiwa
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Tied to Allergies API module (which would be moved into openmrs-core) - No longer the case with Platform 2.0+
  • Continue to support this module it is still part of the reference application
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • TODOs
  • pascal: add to list of community supported Done
  • wyclif: to post on Talk to discuss
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: rseymour, darius, rowanseymour, mogoodrich, wyclif
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • We need to continue supporting this
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: darius, mogoodrich, wyclif
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: tgreensweig
  • Maintainers: wyclif, tgreensweig, yony258, mogoodrich
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • PIH has been working this more recently than Tobin has
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • OLD TODOs
  • [Burke] Find out who is actively using this
  • TODOs
  • Owner: mogoodrich
  • Maintainers: wyclif, mogoodrich
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Designed to work within Reference Application "2.0" UI (UI framework)
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: burke
  • Maintainers: darius, alexis.duque, burke, wyclif, mvorobey
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • unclear whether active changes are being made to module
  • @daniel merged recent changes to the source code
  • Need to do some work to bring it to admin's attention during installation or first run
  • Plan: keep in next distribution, Jan leading enhancment GSoC16
  • TODOs
  • Owner: wyclif
  • Maintainers: wyclif, djazayeri, mseaton
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Those on the call aren't aware of current bugs within module, things are relatively stable
  • KenyaEMR has used this more than others
  • AMPATH also uses calculation for their clinical summaries
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • OLD TODOs
  • Burke Mamlin to reach out to KenyaEMR folks about feedback on Calculation module
  • TODOs
  • Burke Mamlin to reach out to implementations about level of usage on Calculation module (again)
  • Owner: k.joseph
  • Maintainers: k.joseph, dkayiwa
  • Health/Status: active
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • lots of work being done during GSoC 2015, would suspect that this would result in one or more new releases of the module
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • OLD TODOs
  • Was this done?[Burke (with Kaweesi)] Investigate which implementations are using or considering using Chart Search. If not, what is missing/needed.
  • TODOs
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: darius, wyclif, mogoodrich, dkayiwa
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Continually developed (and supported) so new releases forthcoming
  • Plan: [ add/keep in next distribution | needs work | remove from next distribution ]
  • TODOs
  • releases as per routine schedule
  • Owner: raff
  • Maintainers: raff
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • the implementation considered in this module isn't committed to long term, might be superceded by OCL subscription module
  • "Included but not supported"
  • Plan: keep unless OCL Subscription module supercedes the need for it (review for next release)
  • OLD TODOs
  • (responsible person or group) Description of task
  • TODO
  • Jamie: get an update on this form Rafal DONE - Need to keep. Rafal hopes for the module to be replaced with the OCL subscription module by the end of 2016.
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: dkayiwa, darius, vinay, wyclif
  • Health/Status: active
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Continually developed (and supported) so new releases forthcoming
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • TODO:
  • Owner: raff
  • Maintainers: raff, darius, mogoodrich, Wyclif
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Currently stable, in bugfix mode
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: raff, darius, wyclif
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • RefApp UI-specific module that presents access to forms (HTML Form Entry, X/Forms), allowing users to specify custom forms.
  • Supported
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: mogoodrich
  • Maintainers: darius, mseaton, ball, dthomas, mogoodrich
  • Health/Status: active
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Supported
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: mogoodrich, darius
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Platform 1.9.x is EOL as of our next minor release. Is merging necessary? Yes.
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • OLD TODOs
  • Mark Goodrich to help us merge these extensions into HTML Form Entry for a future release (make ticket(s) and/or assign work)
  • (Darius or Mark) Provide guidance on future work/need for this module. Does release of Platform 2.0 (or 1.12.x) depend on getting this work done?
  • TODOs
  • Burke: prompt Mark/Darius on Talk asking about this module
  • Owner: mogoodrich
  • Maintainers: darius, mseaton, mogoodrich
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Supported
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: mseaton
  • Maintainers: mseaton, jmiranda, djazayeri, mogoodrich, wyclif
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Supported since reporting is
  • Plan: [ add/keep in next distribution | needs work | remove from next distribution ]
  • TODOs
  • Owner: mseaton
  • Maintainers: mseaton, djazayeri, darius, mogoodrich
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Supported, there is an IDGEN webservices module that needs to be merged into it (pull request is in process)
  • Consider making this part of the platform
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • OLD TODOs
  • TODOs
  • Owner: mseaton
  • Maintainers: mseaton, mogoodrich, rowanseymour
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Supported
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: raff
  • Maintainers: raff, kosmik
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Supported
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: raff
  • Maintainers: mogoodrich, bryq, raff,  darius
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Supported, we should consider focusing on bug fixes Vs adding new features
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: dthomas
  • Maintainers: dthomas, mseaton, mogoodrich
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Supported
  • May be broken against Platform 1.11+ and needs to get rewritten
  • Plan: keep or remove in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  • (Burke) Ask on Talk if others than PIH are using. If not, then maybe should become a PIH-owned module. Wyclif says we're still using during patient registration (?if configured somehow). Also, is dthomas still the owner?
  • Owner: mogoodrich
  • Maintainers: mogoodrich, wyclif
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Provides one key feature to reference application (provider types)... this function needs to be pulled into core which would obviate the need of this module
  • Plan: [ add/keep in next distribution | needs work | remove from next distribution ]
  • OLD TODOs
  • We had design dicussion about this. Not sure if work was done after that design discussion.
  • (Burke) to create a project page for "Provider types (Design Page)"
  • Once provider types are supported, this module can be removed from ref app
  • TODOs
  • Migrated to core? Provider.
  • Owner: darius, wyclif
  • Maintainers: darius
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • "The glue that ties everything together in the RA"
  • Released with each RA release
  • Continually developed (and supported) so new releases forthcoming
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: raff, dkayiwa, wyclif
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • OPTIONAL
  • Supported
  • Plan: keep  in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  •  Identify a potential volunteer to improve/care for this
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: darius, dkayiwa, wyclif
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Supported
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: wyclif
  • Maintainers: wyclif, mogoodrich
  • Health/Status: active
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Supported
  • PIH is currently adding features to this module
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Wyclif Luyima to contact David DeSimone to check for future functionality / new release
  • "Provides core utilities and services for patient registration." Works paired with Registration App Module.
  • Owner: wyclif
  • Maintainers: wyclif, mogoodrich
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Supported, stable and is driven by the needs in the Registration App module
  • Plan: keep in the next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: mseaton
  • Maintainers: darius, bwolfe, mseaton, jmiranda, wyclif, mogoodrich
  • Health/Status: active
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Supported, several bug fixes done
  • Continually developed (and supported) so new releases forthcoming
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: darius, raff, wyclif, mseaton, dkayiwa, mogoodrich
  • Health/Status: some issues
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • "RESTful Web Services for the reporting module" (Can this be renamed with spaces and such? :-)
  • Someone needs to start actively working on this very soon, but no one is currently.
  • Plan: [ add/keep in next distribution | needs work | remove from next distribution ]
  • TODOs
  • have specific design forum for review of webservices for Reporting
  • (Jamie) Schedule a design forum to discuss REST for Reporting (required: mike, burke; would like: darius, daniel) Scheduled for May 9
  • consider merging this module into reporting, as we are for IDGEN and IDGEN Webservices
  • Owner: mseaton
  • Maintainers: bwolfe, wyclif, mogoodrich, mseaton
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Does this need a new owner instead of luzhuangwei? (Zhuangwei Lu)
  • Is this functionality provided natively in Java 7+? Do we still need this module?
  • (Saptarshi) Create a ticket for someone to spike on examining if Xstream is needed in Java 1.7+. If not, then enumerate the tasks needed to remove any dependency on Xstream so we can remove it from the platform.
  • Supported, bug fixes should be addressed
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: darius, wyclif, mogoodrich
  • Health/Status:active
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Needs more maintainers?
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • TODOs
  • (responsible person or group) Description of task
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: mogoodrich, darius, wyclif
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Continually developed (and supported) so new releases forthcoming
  • "backbone of reference application"
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • TODOs
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: mogoodrich, rowanseymour, darius
  • Health/Status: stable
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • We will remove when we have provider management in core
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • TODOs
  • We would like to get of this, and this should be done once we get rid of provider management
  • These changes need to be scheduled for next release
  • (Burke/Jamie) Get provider management on the queue for RefApp functionality (would include provider types and ability to retire the old provider management module) - Added to technical roadmap
  • Owner: darius
  • Maintainers: dkayiwa, darius, wyclif, bwolfe, raff, djazayeri
  • Health/Status: active
  • Relevant Notes/Thoughts: (road map, upcoming/recent design discussion, key tickets, etc.)
  • Continually developed (and supported) so new releases forthcoming
  • Plan: keep in next distribution
  • TODOs
What's Missing??
- FHIR Module
- OWA
- Concept Management OpenMRS OpenMRS Open Web App (will be included in RefApp 2.5)
- UI Test Framework
Future/Vision [Not currently supported]
- DHIS2 Reporting Module (More general ADX posting module?)

 

Transcripts

  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)

 

 

  • No labels