Have you implemented OpenMRS? Please participate in the Implementation Site Survey. If you already have, thank you!
Child pages
  • 2015-09-03 Developers Forum
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to Join

 Click to expand...

By Browser

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1 201.479.2627

Agenda

  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • Project Buendia Round 2 Kickoff (MSF + Google)
  • Review next meeting agenda

Minutes

OpenMRS Developers Forum 2015-09-03
Audio Recording: https://goo.gl/RMVlbD
Video Recording:
Attendees
  • Burke Mamlin
  • Daniel Kayiwa
  • Michael Downey
  • Ada Yeung
  • Tim N
  • Rafal Korytkowski
  • Ryan Yates
  • Darius Jazayeri
  • Willa
  • Cosmin Ioan
  • Mike Seaton
  • Paul Biondich
  • Serghei Luchianov
  • Ka-Ping Yee
  • Dan Cunningham
  • Saptarshi Purkayastha
  • Wyclif Luyima
  • Mayank Sharma
Notes/Agenda
  • Review last week's TODO's
  • Topic Fest: TODO's were simply to add the schedule & notify presenters
  • Schedule for rest of 2015
  • Plan for reference application release in 3Q. Need to have a naming discussion about the software.
  • AngularJS project from AMPATH underway, a showcase coming up
  • October: update from Bahmni, OCL update, community-supported module review, GCI brainstorm
  • November: PIH update, show & tell, Platform release
  • December: OMRS15 Worldwide Summit preview, topic fest, year in review
  • Project Buendia Round 2 Kickoff
  • Main team members: Ivan, Ping, Dan
  • Issues with OpenMRS development
  • Start time slow (2-5 min)
  • Saving a concept is slow (0.5-1 sec)
  • SDK helps
  • AOP debugging is hard
  • Hibernate (hides SQL database)
  • Adding tables is hard
  • Adding queries is hard
  • Fragility / inflexibility
  • Lots of validation constraints, not easy to know what will fail
  • Assume all clocks synchronized
  • Encounters don't have times (just dates)
  • Can't have multiple concepts with the same name
  • Using observations to record order events
  • Note: the form, field, and form_field tables haven't really been touched since 2005, and it mainly presumes that there is an additional artifact that describes the view of the form
  • this is probably insufficient for your purposes -- we'd welcome modernizing this table for the use case of having it drive form entry
  • Bypassing API for speed (for fast iteration during change/development)
  • Using Excel to define forms and to define chart layout
  • Saving chart layouts as forms
  • "Concepts with the same names cannot be added"
  • it's more nuanced than this: two concepts are allowed to have the same name as _synonyms_ but not as preferred names
  • Ping: "Trying to do synchronization model, with some data on the server and some on tablets. We are heavily focused on how to do incremental transfers of just what has changed. The encounter model works great for that, for observations, but otherwise we need to hack around because the API methods don't exist."
  • Preview of next week
  • RefApp 2.4 Planning
  • Getting metrics on community-priority tickets

Transcripts

  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)

 

 

  • No labels