Wiki Spaces

Documentation
Projects
Resources

Get Help from Others

Q&A: Ask OpenMRS »
Discussion: OpenMRS Talk »
Real-Time: IRC Chat

Resources

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to Join

 Click here to expand...

 

In person

Courtesy, please

If you are joining remotely via telephone, Adobe Connect, or Skype, please use a headset-microphone, or at least earphones. Please use the mute feature when you are not speaking.

Interactive meeting - Adobe Connect

  • We routinely share a screen during the call. You can view the screen via our Adobe Connect meeting room at http://connect.iu.edu/omrsdf. For large meetings, the room has the ability to broadcast audio and connect to a telephone-based system as well, as controlled by the meeting hosts.

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1-888-510-4073
  • Access code: 24222#

By Browser

Chat/IRC

  • Chat is available in the Adobe Connect meeting room (see above).
  • A backchannel meta-discussion during the meeting also occurs on IRC.

 

Agenda

  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • Update on Dev Stages
  • Technology Radar
  • QA Team Accomplishments
  • Review next meeting agenda

Minutes

View at notes.openmrs.org

 

OpenMRS Developers Forum 2015-07-30
Audio recording: https://goo.gl/7YdXPE
Attendees
  • Ryan Yates /dev/null
  • Michael Downey /dev/null
  • Burke Mamlin /dev/5
  • Darius Jazayeri /dev/5
  • Tomasz Mueller
  • Yourself /dev/∞+
  • Natalia Płonka
  • Shaun Grannis /dev/null (??)
  • Tharunya Pati /dev/null
  • Daniel Kayiwa
  • Kaweesi Joseph
  • Ali Habib /dev/null
  • Tim
  • Paul
  • maany /dev/null
  • Maurya
Agenda/Notes
Last Week Review
  • Demo on OpenSRP
  • No TODOs
Update on Dev Stages v.1.0 beta
  • /dev/null is starting point -- be here and interested
  • /dev/1 is the basic starting developer, IDE, read the docs, etc.
  • Currently a manual review process for promoting people "up the ranks" - this will change
  • Next Steps
  • Finish automating the moodle/quiz
  • TODO: @sunbiz finishing up badge-granting automation
  • move moodle onto an openmrs server
  • TODO: @burke need to schedule regular /dev/5 meetups to review
  • Questions/Comments
  • How are Dev Stages helping (communication, motivation, clarifying)?
  • How are Dev Stages hurting (confusion, ambiguity, don't fit non-devs)?
  • What updates/changes to Dev Stages would help most?
  • Paul: How do we want to handle multiple labels? can't someone be both a GSOC student and a /dev/2?
  • The label in talk is "title" under profile settings
  • Users must pick one
Technology Radar
  • Relevant to OpenMRS
  • Could be a major change to how we develop/deploy
  • What about creating an official Debian package?
  • Some implementations (e.g., PIH) have used debian packages for deployment/upgrade
  • OpenMRS Community has typically not been in the "last mile" – i.e., filling in all the content necessary to implement a system.
  • Let consumers of web services help define the tests we should be running
  • Does the QA team want to evaluate how we might start doing this and make suggestions?
  • Should we create a JIRA issue in the trunk project to ask someone to work on this?
  • For example: should we move our developers guide into a git repo?
  • GitHub would be more familiar to devs than the FLOSSmanuals platform, likely to get more changes/PR's
  • Combinations like GitHub + https://readthedocs.org/ are a great way to balance maintainability with readability/searchability
  • Avoid creating "DevOps" team separate from the development team
  • "silos" are bad (same with QA) ... ops & QA & others should serve and support all devs who work to improve deployment & testing
  • Darius: as far as DevOps goes, I don't think this point is very relevant to the way OpenMRS works.
  • Related: CoreOS?
  • Questions/Comments/Concerns
  • Consider packaging in something like a .deb file? (also .rpm?) Where would that leave our non-Linux friends?
  • VM images/Docker?
QA Team Accomplishments - Tomasz Mueller
  • When QA team started, there were ~5 UI tests done by developers
  • QA team create 78 test cases covering functionality (with a couple on deployment)
  • Used Zephyr plugin for JIRA
  • Switched to creating data for test as part of test
  • Still have problem with data being voided instead of purged
  • Team currently has Seven members
  • Special thanks to Ada Yeung, Yułia, and Pavlo!
  • Working with Admin UI Sprint to consider new test cases
Preview of Next Week

TODOs

Loading

Outstanding TODOs (0 issues)

Summary Assignee Created Due

Create a TODO: http://go.openmrs.org/todo

Transcripts

  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)

 

 

  • No labels