Child pages
  • 2015-05-21 Developers Forum
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to Join

 Click here to expand...


In person

Courtesy, please

If you are joining remotely via telephone, Adobe Connect, or Skype, please use a headset-microphone, or at least earphones. Please use the mute feature when you are not speaking.

Interactive meeting - Adobe Connect

  • We routinely share a screen during the call. You can view the screen via our Adobe Connect meeting room at For large meetings, the room has the ability to broadcast audio and connect to a telephone-based system as well, as controlled by the meeting hosts.

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1-888-510-4073
  • Access code: 24222#

By Browser


  • Chat is available in the Adobe Connect meeting room (see above).
  • A backchannel meta-discussion during the meeting also occurs on IRC.



  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • GSoC Q&A/intro
  • Review next meeting agenda


View at


OpenMRS Developers Forum 2015-05-21
Recording: (Audio) (Adobe® Flash®)
Attendees ( * = GSoC Student)
  • Tomasz Mueller
  • natalia
  • Archana Eadara
  • * Sandeep Raparthi
  • Michael Downey
  • * Sharon Varghese
  • Burke Mamlin
  • * Manika Praveenkumar Maheshwari
  • Daniel Kayiwa
  • * Tharunya
  • Surangak
  • Ada Yeung
  • Ryan Yates
  • Maurya
  • Darius Jazayeri
  • Serghei Luchianov
Agenda & Notes
  • Review last week TODOs
  • TODO: Created a ticket to add "rename a module" feature as a maven task that can be invoked by SDK command "omrs-rename newname"
  • TODO: consider using grunt maven plugin to allow automated builds to easily issue grunt commands
  • GSoC Q&A/intro
  • OpenMRS is participating in GSoC for the 9th consecutive year
  • 16 student projects. You probably may have heard from these students allready: they've been showing up in our communication channels
  • Projects - Students (Mentors)
  • XML Reports - David Palacios (Mike Seaton, Daniel Kayiwa)
  • OpenMRS 2.x SDK - Dmytro Trifonov (Rafal Korytkowski, Robby O'Connor)
  • Chart Search for the Reference Application - Phase 2 - Kaweesi Joseph (Daniel Kayiwa, Sri Maurya Kummamuru)
  • * Emergency Department Triage Application - Manika Maheshwari (Cosmin Ioan, Mark Goodrich)
  • Implement the OAuth2 Support for Web Services APIs - Mayank Sharma (Harsha Kumara, Suranga Kasthurirathne) 
  • Support Laboratory Data Exchange with FHIR - Milan Karunarathne (Judy Gichoya, Harsha Kumara)
  • Data Import using eSaude Data Migration Tool - Nyah Check (Valerio Joao, Pascal Brandt)
  • Integrate Registration Module with a Master Patient Index - Roman Zayats (Darius Jazayeri, Mike Seaton)
  • * Add Support for Open Web Apps - Sandeep Raparthi (Namrata Nehete, Saptarshi Purkayastha)
  • Consuming FHIR Resources for OpenMRS - Sashrika Waidyarathna (Suranga Kasthurirathne, Vaibhav Agarwal)
  • * Cohort Module - Sharon Varghese (Maimoona Kausar, Darius Jazayeri)
  • * Module for Legacy UI - Tharunya Pati (Burke Mamlin, Wyclif Luyima)
  • System Performance and Utilization Module - Vineet Kumar (Pascal Brandt, Jan Flowers)
  • OpenMRS ID v2.1 Platform Improvements - Weihua Cheung (Robby O'Connor, Elliott Williams)
  • OpenMRS iOS Client Extensions - Yousef Hamza (Harsha Siriwardena, Burke Mamlin)
  • REST Documentation Generator - Zakaria Amine (Wyclif Luyima, Rafal Korytkowski)
  • Timeline:
  • 27 April to 24 May: Students get to know mentors, read documentation, get up to speed to begin working on their projects
  • 25 May: Students begin coding for their Google Summer of Code projects
  • 26 June - 3 July: Mentors and students submit mid-term evaluations
  • 17 August: "Pencils down" date
  • 31 August: Final results of Google Summer of Code 2015 announced
  • This Week:
  • GSoC student projects that requested JIRA projects will be activated
  • Students & mentors should finalize their initial project timeline/plan
  • Starting Next Week:
  • Students will be sending in weekly feedback forms to keep their projects on track
  • Students should participate in daily IRC scrum meetings if possible
  • Questions
  • For existing developers: 
  • Do any of these projects interest you , or have value to you? 
  • Have you tried reaching out to the students and contibuting your ideas / interests?
  • For students: 
  • Do you feel un-prepared? 
  • Unclear on how to get answers or proceed with your project?
  • Any other open questions?
  • Tips
  • Find a microphone if you don't have one, to talk to us in dev forums :-)
  • Don't hesitate to ask questions.  We're all learning and we're all in this together! :-)
  • Commit early & often!
  • Fail fast!
  • After action review
  • What did you expect to happen?
  • What actually happened?
  • What can we do different?


Outstanding TODOs  (${entries.size()} issues)

Summary Assignee Created Due

Create a TODO:


  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)



  • No labels