Wiki Spaces

Documentation
Projects
Resources

Get Help from Others

Q&A: Ask OpenMRS »
Discussion: OpenMRS Talk »
Real-Time: IRC Chat

Resources

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to Join

 Click here to expand...

 

In person

Courtesy, please

If you are joining remotely via telephone, Adobe Connect, or Skype, please use a headset-microphone, or at least earphones. Please use the mute feature when you are not speaking.

Interactive meeting - Adobe Connect

  • We routinely share a screen during the call. You can view the screen via our Adobe Connect meeting room at http://connect.iu.edu/omrsdf. For large meetings, the room has the ability to broadcast audio and connect to a telephone-based system as well, as controlled by the meeting hosts.

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1-888-510-4073
  • Access code: 24222#

By Browser

Chat/IRC

  • Chat is available in the Adobe Connect meeting room (see above).
  • A backchannel meta-discussion during the meeting also occurs on IRC.

 

Agenda

  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • Input on community policy for ownership & support/maintenance of modules
  • GSoC Prep: Focus Bug Fixes (15 min) - Paul
  • Review next meeting agenda

Minutes

View at notes.openmrs.org

 

OpenMRS Developers Forum 2015-01-22
Recording: http://goo.gl/OjmzyO (audio only)
Attendees 
  • Michael Downey
  • Burke Mamlin
  • Aniketha _
  • Ryan Yates
  • Bhavana _
  • Maurya _
  • Tharunya
  • Wyclif Luyima
  • Darius Jazayeri
  • Paul Biondich
  • Sandeep Raparthi
  • Daniel Kayiwa
  • Cosmin Ioan
  • Vaibhav Agarwal
Agenda & Notes
  • Review last week TODOs
  • TODO: Burke will create a Talk topic on deciding goals/expectations of hackathon as well as determining expertise of attendees 
  • TODO: Pascal will talk to group from Mozambique to get ideas/goals 
  • Bob Joliffe, Zeferino and (definitely) Pierre at the conference, so the DHIS2 module is def still and option.
  • Mozambique devs: The only idea that really came out was a pharmacy module. They want something simple to manage stock and report on pickups. The spec isn't really fleshed out but it won't be too heavy I don't think. We are planning a tech team meeting on Monday though, so could write the spec then.
  • Run through strategy for each OpenMRS 2.2 distributed module on design forum soon (Jamie Thomas) 
  • Invite Bahmni team to present their OpenERP integration as a form of billing support OOB for OpenMRS RA (Jamie Thomas)
  • Invite PIH to present "2.0-ified" appointment module for potential RA integration
  • TODO: Put out a call for volunteer OpenMRS 2.2 release manager (?)
  • TODO: get Wyclif in touch with David & Audrey to coordinate sprint kickoff time. (?)
  • TODO: Burke to define the explicitUpstream coordinator  role and look for someone(s) to fill it
  • TODO: See if we could make a script to Create a database/table/document to track libraries
  • TODO: Suranga to share output of version diff for CORE with dev list
  • Hackathon ideas
  • DHIS folk may be on site, so DHIS integration may be a viable theme
  • Some interest in a pharmacy module
  • TODO: Who is owning the hackathon? Wyclif
  • Perhaps: add a feature (e.g. rating) to modulus
  • concept management
  • Comments on upstream coordinator
  • Make tickets for the biggun's like hibernate, java, spring
  • Input on community policy for ownership & support/maintenance of modules
  • There are hundreds of modules 
  • Some of our issues
  • How do we determine when a module is popular vs. community-supported vs. distributed?
  • Those modules distributed in the reference application should be considered & treated as our core code (i.e., same as we treat openmrs-core).
  • Having someone(s) who feel(s) ownership of a community-supported module is a good thing.  Sadly, no every community-supported module will have an "owner" or "owner(s)", so it's up to the community to maintain the module as best as we can.
  • Community supported modules include distributed modules, but (assuming we get data for them) popular modules that we will include in the list of things we want people to work on.
  • When should modules be in the OpenMRS org
  • Communicating to module owners
  • Identifying module owners
  • What do we do when a distributed module has no clear ownership?  Is a module owner required for a module to be distributed or community-owned?
  • Getting data about modules
  • Usage from Atlas
  • Ratings in Modulus
  • TODO: quarterly "module review" call on dev forum to review list of community supported modules and make decisions on how things should change
  • GSoC Prep: Focus Bug Fixes 
  • Need to get intro tickets and projects ready for GSoC
  • Next week
  • No meeting - Maputo 2015 #MOZ15

TODOs

Loading

Outstanding TODOs (0 issues)

Summary Assignee Created Due

Create a TODO: http://go.openmrs.org/todo

Transcripts

  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)

 

 

  • No labels