How to Join
Click here to expand...
- US telephone number: +1 201.479.2627
- Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
- Process for keeping track of components, libraries, dependencies
- #MOZ15 OpenMRS-DHIS2 hackathon pre-planning
- Review next meeting agenda
View at notes.openmrs.org
OpenMRS Developers Forum 2015-01-15
Agenda & Notes
- Review TODOs from last week
- Run through strategy for each OpenMRS 2.2 distributed module on design forum soon (Jamie Thomas)
- Invite Bahmni team to present their OpenERP integration as a form of billing support OOB for OpenMRS RA (Jamie Thomas)
- Invite PIH to present "2.0-ified" appointment module for potential RA integration
- TODO: Put out a call for volunteer OpenMRS 2.2 release manager (?)
- TODO: get Wyclif in touch with David & Audrey to coordinate sprint kickoff time. (?)
- Process for keeping track of components, libraries, dependencies (40 minutes)
- Darius: Realizing we're behind isn't enough. We need people to make sure upgrades are getting done, tested, etc.
- Example: Jackson JSON library. In OpenMRS Platform 1.10 we are using 1.5.0 (from 3/2010). In 1.11 we will be using 1.9.13 (from 7/2013), they have released 2.5.
- New devs will be used to contemporary libraries, not really old ones
- How much work will it take?
- Is it backwards compatible?
- Backwards incompatibilities can be introduced
- Smaller (less popular) libraries - can be challenging to get documentation on old versions
- Potential approaches to identify the work needed
- TODO: Burke to define the explicit role and look for someone(s) to fill it
- Use topic fest to schedule discussions
- Create a database/table/document to track libraries (version used & current stable release)
- This could probably be scripted – i.e., given a list of specific libraries, scan POM in core or distributed module source, then grep the latest stable release version
- TODO: See if we could make a script
- TODO: Suranga to share output of version diff for CORE with dev list
- Review library versions as part of release process
- Create tickets to upgrade library version
- Potiential approaches for getting the work done (i.e., actually get us upgraded)
- Research release notes for library from version used to current release
- Try upgrading library and see what breaks
- Include library upgrade as part of sprint when working toward a release
- Include library upgrades in menu of "ways to help" when dev group or class asks how they could help
- Allow & encourage pull requests that upgrade a library (will need to notify module owners)
- Maximize the work & upgrading that can happen in modules
- Investigate whether using a newer version of a core dependency (e.g., Jackson or XStream) into a module will work.
- Use GSoC for larger upgrades iff we believe that there is a 90% or better chance of success
- #MOZ15 OpenMRS-DHIS2 hackathon pre-planning (14 minutes)
- "People who will be there"
- Darius (who hasn't registered)
- Wyclif will be leaving early
- Suranga leaves mid Sunday
- Hannes will attend on Saturday
- Schedule: Saturday (31 January) 09:00 until Sunday (1 February) 13:00
- DHIS2: Originally planned to participate but their DHIS2 Academy event was cancelled
- Ask Mozambique devs/implementers (via Pascal?)
- TODO: Burke will create a Talk topic on deciding goals/expectations of hackathon as well as determining expertise of attendees
- TODO: Pascal will talk to group from Mozambique to get ideas/goals
- What did you expect to happen?
- Doing the after action review
- Do the after action review
- Input on community policy for ownership & support/maintenance of modules
Current #MOZ15 Hackathon Registered Attendees:
Create a TODO: http://go.openmrs.org/todo
- Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)