Child pages
  • 2014-12-11 Developers Forum
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to Join

 Click here to expand...


In person

Courtesy, please

If you are joining remotely via telephone, Adobe Connect, or Skype, please use a headset-microphone, or at least earphones. Please use the mute feature when you are not speaking.

Interactive meeting - Adobe Connect

  • We routinely share a screen during the call. You can view the screen via our Adobe Connect meeting room at For large meetings, the room has the ability to broadcast audio and connect to a telephone-based system as well, as controlled by the meeting hosts.

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1-888-510-4073
  • Access code: 24222#

By Browser


  • Chat is available in the Adobe Connect meeting room (see above).
  • A backchannel meta-discussion during the meeting also occurs on IRC.



  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • Topic Fest
  • Infrastructure Update
  • 2014 Year In Review: What did we accomplish? What did we expect to happen? What can we do better in 2015?
  • Review next meeting agenda


View at


OpenMRS Developers Forum 2014-12-11
Recording: (MP3 audio) (Adobe Flash)
  • Michael Downey
  • Burke Mamlin
  • Ryan Yates
  • Daniel Kayiwa
  • Karl Wurst
  • Frosty T. Snowman
  • Santa 
  • Rafał Korytkowski
  • Paul Biondich
  • Willa
  • You!
  • Topic Fest
  • Infrastructure Update
  • 2014 Year In Review: What did we accomplish? What did we expect to happen? What can we do better in 2015?
Shout-out to GCI participants & mentors. Hundreds of tasks in the first (of 6 total) weeks.
  • More tasks are welcome. Talk to Saptarshi or Suranga. 
Topic Fest (see below)
Infra Update
  • Area updates & Discussion questions:
  • Reliability, Security, Networks, Systems (Ryan)
  • Automation & configuration management continues to improve
  • Real-Time Support (Michael)
  • 3,872 cases so far since February (Helpdesk, Onboarding new contribs, community issues, & event cases)
  • Since last update: 99.08% (Demo) to 100% uptime. Demo related to periodic short outages due to reloading of site, upgrades, etc.
  • Dev Tools
  • Nothing new to report
  • Communication Systems (Michael)
  • ~ 42,000 visits per month 
  • Continuing to "dogfood" Discourse with small lists & groups. All our Google Groups except dev@ and implementers@ have been migrated to Discourse. A few email processing-related bugs outstanding. (Forwarding, HTML formatting, etc.)
  • IRC logs are being resurrected on a standalone searchable web server vs inside Confluence. Waiting on OSUOSL who seem to be on winter holiday break.
  • UberConference no longer officially supports Firefox. Should that cause us to reconsider alternatives?
  • Identity Systems (Elliott)
  • ID Dashboard & Modulus are participating in Google Code-in to get additional work done over the next 6 weeks. Details available in GCI project on JIRA.
  • QA Systems (Cintia)
  • Signficant improvements in Bamboo configuration this quarter including additional agents. Agents have upgraded OS, Maven 2 & 3 upgraded, agents run isolated
  • Modules can be released from Bamboo
Year in Review
  • What did we expect to happen this year?
  • Release OpenMRS 1.10
  • Release OpenMRS 2.0
  • Improvement in CD/CI
  • What actually happened this year?
  • We committed to releasing OpenMRS twice a year (March & September) and at least one platform release per year.
  • Major progress in automating CD "releases"
  • What can we do better next year?
  • How do we do a better job of following up action items?
  • Assign target dates instead of "someday" (and change the date if delays are necessary or the estimates were off)
  • Need assignee & date
  • Can we make TODO backload available to folks?
  • Clearer understanding of how devs can work through stages of development in the community.
Topic Fest
Jan 1 - Holiday
  • No meeting
Jan 8
  • OpenMRS 2.2 Release planning, identifying release manager
  • Sprint updates
  • WIP: GCI work "out of" progress (quick recap of work done during GCI)
  • Let's consider if we need to push this back until the end of GCI. (After implementers meeting.) Optional.
Jan 15
  • Process for keeping track of components, libraries, dependencies
  • #MOZ15 OpenMRS-DHIS2 hackathon pre-planning
Jan 22
  • Input on community policy for ownership & support/maintenance of modules
Jan 29 - OpenMRS Implementers Conference in Maputo
  • No meeting
Feb 5
  • Platform 2.0 release planning
  • OpenMRS 2.2 showcase
  • Sprint updates
Feb 12
  • Upgrading Spring
Feb 19
  • OpenMRS 2.2 showcase
  • WIP: Angular AMRS forms ± mobile web app
Feb 26
  • Specific action items for security issues
  • How to make upgrades more successful
Mar 5
  • OpenMRS 2.2 showcase
  • Sprint updates
  • Java 8
Mar 12
  • WIP: Open Concept Lab demo
Mar 19
  • Upgrading Hibernate
Mar 26
  • Review emerging technologies
Apr 2
  • Sprint updates
  • OpenMRS in Docker
Apr 9
  • WIP: Android Client project demo?
Apr 16
  • Converting to MariaDB or PostgresDB
Apr 23
  • Infrastructure update
  • QA Systems: Load testing & Performance testing - getting serious about it


Outstanding TODOs  (${entries.size()} issues)

Summary Assignee Created Due

Create a TODO:


  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)



  • No labels