How to Join
Click here to expand...
- US telephone number: +1 201.479.2627
- Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
- Review next meeting agenda
View at notes.openmrs.org
Developers Forum 2014-06-12
Recording: http://goo.gl/T1z3rc (MP3) https://connect.iu.edu/p65wd79y5dg/ (Adobe® Flash®)
- Michael Downey
- Paul Biondich
- Aniketha Katakam
- Geoff __
- Judy Gichoya
- Karl Wurst
- Rafal Korytkowski
- Lukas Breitswieser
- Darius Jazayeri
- Burke Mamlin
- Chris Power
- Wyclif Luyima
- Daniel Kayiwa
- Nyoman Ribeka
- Elliott Williams
- Vaclav Krpec
- Mike __
- Alexis Duque
- Someone near Bakersfield, California
- Someone in Czech Republic
Agenda & Minutes
- Review last week (5 min)
- Strategy for testing 1.11
- Merging will take A Few More Days®
- 1.10 was *just* order entry, and the other work that had previously been in 1.10 moved to 1.11, which is now causing merging conflicts
- Tagging 1.11.x
- Branch head of master to 1.11.x as soon as 1.10 has been merged to master
- TODO: kaweesi & Daniel to address these for release
- 1.12 tickets already committed (will need to get switched to fixVersion 1.11.0)
- Unfinished issues in 1.11 (need to have fixVersion bumped to 1.12.0 or get committed before 1.11.x is branched)
- Other committed tickets whose fix version does not include 1.11
- "Testing the heck outta it"
- 304 tickets in 1.11 (173 are Bug issue type)
- Individually testing "complex" tickets
- Deciding which tickets are "complex"
- Building release notes
- TODO: Chris will explain how we could add optional release note in a ticket
- One pass through all 304 tickets
- Label ticket if it is complex
- Decide on what (if anything) should go into release notes for the ticket
- New features
- Significant bug fix
- Data model changes
- Any other change that could affect a module developer
- We would NOT include: tiny bug fixes (e.g., typos), tiny features that few people would care about, etc.
- Testing the tickets
- As needed, create sprints, spikes, test-a-thons, etc. to vet complex tickets
- Make sure Reference Application still runs
- We should find an implementation that is interested in upgrading to 1.11 that can be a "test implementation"
- Running 1.9.x and using a decent amount of modules
- The incentives
- Having dedicated OpenMRS developers helping ensure that their upgrade is successful.
- Key features named in the release notes
- Here's an example tree/merging policy. We should create something similar and publish it. https://wiki.mozilla.org/Tree_Rules
- After Action Review
- What did you expect to happen?
- What actually happened?
- What can we do better?
- Preview Next Week
- Sprint Update
- OpenMRS SDK __
Create a TODO: http://go.openmrs.org/todo
- Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download (available after the meeting)