Have you implemented OpenMRS? Please participate in the Implementation Site Survey. If you already have, thank you!
Child pages
  • 2014-05-08 Developers Forum
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to Join

 Click here to expand...

 

By Browser

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1 201.479.2627

 

Agenda

 

  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
    • Topic Fest, Review schedule of developer meetings/forums/scrum standups/etc
  • After-action review & next week's agenda (5 min)

In Attendance

  • You

Minutes

View at notes.openmrs.org

Developers Forum 2014-05-08
Recording: https://connect.iu.edu/p4nnxyl3n0l/ (audio+video) http://goo.gl/ByN4sB (audio only)
Attendance
  • Burke Mamlin
  • Paul Biondich
  • Michael Downey
  • Jeremy Keiper
  • Ryan Yates
  • Elliott Williams
  • Daniel Kayiwa
  • Darius Jazayeri
  • Ujjwal Arora
  • wasilwa
  • Chris Power
  • Lukas Breitwieser
  • Rafal Korytkowski
  • Sara Fatima
  • moshonk __
  • alexis __
  • Willa
  • Wycliff Luyima
Agenda
  • Topic "Fest"
  • Review schedule of developer meetings, forums, scrum standups, etc.
Notes
Review schedule of developer meetings, forums, scrum standups, etc.
  • How do we grow community involvement beyond "the regulars"?
  • Who is this meeting for?
  • New devs with questions
  • More than just developers but all engineering roles (devs, testers, BA's)
  • A weekly, high-bandwidth hour for anyone involved or interested in OpenMRS Development to share ideas & "move the needle forward"
  • What would increase participation by more people?
  • Introductions? (Stopped when we switched to 1 hour length)
  • Is a telephone/web conference the right medium?
  • Less interactive / more synchronous / more presentation-style
  • Many of our contributors have poor connection quality
  • Most open source projects have their regular/operational meetings via IRC
  • What are the alternative ways to communicate/participate?
  • OpenMRS University for Q&A, training (This has very poor/low attendance!!!)
  • Lists, forums, etc.
  • Questions:
  • If we're trying to share ideas (present, etc.) is a synchronous medium the right one? We're limiting the audience (& ideas) by forcing real-time participation.
  • >50% of the attendees right now are people at Regenstrief Institute. That doesn't reflect the profile of our project.
  • A few key thoughts from M. Downey
  • Most people don't have full time jobs to spend contributing to OpenMRS and can't regularly participate at given times
  • Most people don't have 100 MBps connections
Topic "Fest"
22 May
  • Orders (1.10) Update/Review
  • Review API interactions within the throwaway order UI module
5 June
  • WIP: Mirebalais Update
12 June
  • Strategy for testing 1.11
19 June
  • Sprint updates
  • Allergies
  • SDK project evolution and improvements
  • Working for 2.0
  • How do we get all devs (new to ancient) using it regularly?
26 June
  • Reviewing Developer Conventions
  • Find out what new developers think, what questions/confusion they have.
  • JavaScript conventions
3 July
  • Plan a hackathon
  • Where, when, who
  • Maybe even what
10 July
  • GSoC Forums
17 July
  • OpenMRS 2.1 planning
24 July (OSCON week)
  • Canceled
31 July
  • WIP: Modulus
  • Infrastructure update
7 August
  • WIP: Ad-Hoc Analysis (cohort builder)
14 August
  • Sprint Updates
  • WIP: AMPATH Update or KenyaEMR Update
21 August
  • WIP: Chart Search
28 August
  • OMRS14 Unconference topics & Hackathon Ideas
  • e.g., food (for thought)

 

TODOs

Outstanding TODOs  (${entries.size()} issues)

Summary Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh

Create a TODO: http://go.openmrs.org/todo

Transcripts

  • Backchannel IRC transcript
  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download - available after the meeting
  • No labels