Child pages
  • 2014-02-27 Developers Forum
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

How to Join

 Click here to expand...

 

In person

Courtesy, please

If you are joining remotely via telephone, Adobe Connect, or Skype, please use a headset-microphone, or at least earphones. Please use the mute feature when you are not speaking.

Interactive meeting - Adobe Connect

  • We routinely share a screen during the call. You can view the screen via our Adobe Connect meeting room at http://connect.iu.edu/omrsdf. For large meetings, the room has the ability to broadcast audio and connect to a telephone-based system as well, as controlled by the meeting hosts.

By telephone

  • US telephone number: +1-888-510-4073
  • Access code: 24222#

By Browser

Chat/IRC

  • Chat is available in the Adobe Connect meeting room (see above).
  • A backchannel meta-discussion during the meeting also occurs on IRC.

 

Agenda

 

  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
    • Infrastructure Update
    • Design Process Improvements
  • After-action review & next week's agenda (5 min)

In Attendance

  • You

Minutes

Developers Forum 2014-02-27
Recording:
Attendees:
  • Ben Wolfe
  • Burke Mamlin
  • Paul Biondich
  • Michael Downey
  • Ayuk Etta
  • Nyoman Ribeka
  • Willa Mhawila
  • Ryan Yates
  • Elliott Williams
  • Ada Yeung
  • Daniel Kayiwa
  • Rafal Korytkowski
  • Darius Jazayeri
  • Wyclif Luyima
  • Roger Friedman
  • Thomas Mwogi
Agenda & Minutes:
  • Review last week TODO's
  • None listed
  • Starting on time!
  • Infrastructure Update
  • Bamboo Upgrades
  • Remote agents are working successfully, to improve reliability & performance
  • New hardware secured, automated hardware deployments to scale up CI environment
  • TODO: Notify dev@ about deprecation of ci-stg.o.org
  • Confluence Upgrade
  • Macro issues to be resolved (compatibility)
  • Confluence Questions
  • 1-2 weeks from now
  • Atlassian security vulnerability announced yesterday
  • New versions are staged and under testing
  • JIRA: 2-3 weeks from now
  • Helpdesk Update
  • such responsive, very help
  • Etherpad
  • The shared multi-project server running this site has had performance problems the last few weeks.
  • The team is working to secure a better/higher power server.
  • Since we try to embed an HTTP resource with an IFRAME in wiki pages, there are browser errors. WORKAROUND: Stop using IFRAME's for now.
  • REMINDER: Don't use etherpad for permanent notes. Etherpad isn't searchable in its current configuration. Move stuff to the wiki!
  • Question: Does someone need to be accountable in each meeting for persisting notes after the meeting is over? (Yes.)
  • 2.0 Release / Demo
  • We're re-learning how to release software :-)
  • Need to determine how to do acknowledgements: Which modules, from when to when, etc.
  • Design Process Improvements
  • Good
  • Nice to have access to forums to get feedback/advice
  • Not as Good
  • Lack of agenda for design forums
  • Not clear how to get things on the agenda
  • TODO: Need a clear way to get things on the agenda
  • Trouble following through on design forum decisions
  • Sometimes topics get repeated
  • TODO: Need a clear process for making design decision clear & documented at least to the extent that they don't get repeated
  • Tend to be "reactive" (not planning ahead)
  • Sometimes we don't have the right people attending
  • TODO: schedule some "big picture" agenda items (looking ahead, coordinating designs, etc.)
  • After Action Review
  • What did you expect to happen?
  • No after action review
  • What actually happened?
  • No after action review
  • What can we do differently?
  • Have an after action review

TODOs

Outstanding TODOs  (${entries.size()} issues)

Summary Assignee Created Due
Loading...
Refresh

Create a TODO: http://go.openmrs.org/todo

Transcripts

  • Backchannel IRC transcript
  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download - available after the meeting
  • No labels