28 March 2012
How To Join
Contact Jamie Thomas for more information on how to join the call.
- WHO SE Asia - Paul
- Funding and Fund Raising - Hamish
View at notes.openmrs.org
WHO SE Asia
Funding and Fund Raising
- Back Office Inc.
- Spending money should be mentioned here
- Have an accounting and book keeping firm
- they are working on setting us up right now
- they will provide support for taxes
- GSoC and conference fees will go here
- we are presumed to be non profit until we here no or yes, so we will not have to pay taxes unless we hear no
- we can receive tax free donations now as well
- offically non for profit org in the state of indiana so we are already exempt from sales taxes - https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/OpenMRS1+Limited
- laywer says that we can bank beyond this year with no worries, but want to get it in a formal written form from her
- Have not spent money at this time but talk about it going towards - support of michael, dev community process/darius
- Need formalization around operational plan to present to the board - first discussion planned for April 11th
- IRS Update
- Paul spoke with our lawyer about IRS conversation she had
- sometimes there orgs that benefit to charitable entities they support so IRS is wanting us to justify and clarify the focus of the non-profit
- releasing work as open local capacity and "keys to the kingdom" entities could use it but the risk of that happening is very small
- need formal notice from IRS so we can respond to it, have not received this yet and when we do we will answer this letter as a group
- Hamish believes that it will be helpful to get letters of support from PIH becasue this is a humanitarian org
- Paul says the lawyer feels that this will be a fact driven process
- The fact is that OpenMRS is being used in a charitable fashion
- WHO South Asia
- Jytosia wanted help implementing in Nepal
- Paul put Jytosia in touch with IRD and TW
- Wants OpenMRS Inc. to provide high level implementation consultation services to support approaches and let other implement.
- Let her know that we are not fully architected to do this yet and she is willing to help us get there.
- Countries need a blueprint for how to approach an implementation and as a community we want to provide this blueprint to make sure it is a success.
- Want to convey that we are not out there looking for implementation work. That doesn't imply OpenMRS shouldn't take a subcontract to do software development.
- Do not have engineers at this time to do this but can put that on the wishlist
- Funding and Fund Raising
- Road Map Process