Child pages
  • 2013-03-21 Leadership Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


21 March 2012

How To Join

Contact Paul Biondich for more information on how to join the call.

In Attendance


  • Pre MPL 2 + Disclaimer: Licensing Discussion
  • Reference Application
  • Implementers Meeting Funds
  • Non - Profit Back Office

Meeting Minute

View at

Jamie Thomas
Paul Biondich
Burke Mamlin
Michael Seaton
Michael Downey
Darius Jazayeri
Chris Seebregts

Pre MPL 2 + Disclaimer: Licensing Discussion
Reference Application
Implementers Meeting Funds
Non - Profit Back Office


  • Non - Profit Update
    • Paul will talk to the lawyers next week still working through the designation process
    • Will then come back to the leadership group
  • Non - Profit Back Office
  • Road Map discussion will be held on April 4th - mark your calendar (smile)
    • Is the Road Map Playground clear? -
    • it is a "community road map" not just focused on technology but looks at the bigger picture/high level map
    • pivotal that the leads have input so that the road map blends together well for the community
    • building the "community road map" will help to influence the technology roadmap
  • Pre MPL 2 + Disclaimer: Licensing Discussion
    • Final feedback by tomorrow from the community
    • Feel if you advance the core code you need to contribute back to OpenMRS
    • Then need to look at the strategy and tactics for moving this forward
    • List of todo items - update website, code, wiki, newletter announcement, blog post about history and timeline, distributed modules, one pager instructions to run scripts to update you module to MPL 2
    • Would love to go into GSoC/ this summer with OSI approved license
    • 1. email to community
    • 2. tactics to change code/license/header - burke, darius, and michael discussion
    • come back to leadership
    • full license followed by disclaimer
    • work on lines as well 
    • 3. change code of core and distributed module
    • 4. change license page w/ FAQ
    • 5. burke will blog
    • 6. module owner wiki page to update license w/ FAQ
    • 7. update eclipse and other tools (templates)
    • checking to see if the old license have crept back in (like supported modules)
    • regular license review/ "health of the license"
    • look at other licensed artifacts
  • Implementers Meeting
    • date has been set
    • Oct 6-7 - Hackathon 
    • Oct 8-11 - Meeting
    • venue has been booked
    • Burke suggests looking into having a tutorial session at future events
    • funds
    • Paul will be working on this
  • Reference Application Update
    • first sprint starts next week - "Iternation 0"
    • trying to bring in new development processes first two weeks
    • Big Goal - EMR used at POC and works out of the box
    • there will be several sprints in a row to slowly build up a functional application with few features the run perfectly
    • server for work in progress of the reference application
    • Michael says we have this capability
    • keep in mind this will become a demo
    • Breeze is suppose to start Monday 3/25 and will help us to set up servers
    • Have core dev team. 2 out of 3 will work on reference application for the unforseeable future
    • Darius will be 50%
    • 10-15% TW India person
    • Missing business analyst support
    • Darius will talk to Kiran about his ability to do this roll
    • Project style wiki page for the reference application
  • IMO-OpenMRS Update
    • IMO will be working with OpenMRS
    • grad students working on top of the platform
    • Andy will talk to Chris about partnerships
  • No labels