28 February 2012
How To Join
Contact Paul Biondich for more information on how to join the call.
- Engineering Role Overview - Burke
- RoadMap & Leadership w/ Chris Power
RoadMap w/ Chris Power (20 min)
Engineering Role Overview w/ Burke (30 min)
Q&A (10 min)
- Engineering Role Overview w/ Burke
- Link to Burke's role description - https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Engineering+Lead+%28Title+TBD%29
- 2013 Goals - could get better defined
- define development roles to get people more engaged
- get implementations more involved in development and work towards sustainablility
- tangible maturation of our continious deployment practices
- would like to get metrics in place to track what devs are working on
- Have broke out the roles of the develpment team - https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/Development+Team
- Business Analyst
- Community Development Leader
- Dedicated Sprinter
- OMRS Development Manager
- Technical Leader for Sprint
- P - Burke has done a good job of setting up metrics so we can measure how we are doing. Would like to see others do this as well over the year.
- P - Before those leading development were laying out the road map and this is not the nbest way to create the RoadMap.
- Need to define the RoadMap - focus on community process
- B - Focus in the near future is to improve on sprinting process, reference application, GSoC, handle on where to get metrics and pushing those to get started, documentation is a high priority but not sure how we will move forward
- MD - Need for Release Manager - to bundle something up and get it out the door from time to time
- D - Would like to talk about an Application Development Lead
- RoadMap w/ Chris Power
- Struggling to get the RoadMap process started
- Would like to see all the leads having a hand in the RoadMap but not a single persons responsibility - group or rotating responsibility?
- Establish tracks for RoadMap?
- Need to redefine what the roadmap is and is not
- Agile needs the highlevel strategy to help move things forward
- There could be different RoadMaps down the line but think we should focus on one first.
- No fundamental theme on which the RoadMap is targeted
- each of the five leads along with paul will work to create the first RoadMap - version 1 out in a month
- There is a RoadMap mailing list and all the leads will need to be added to the list
- RoadMap Planning - https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Road+Map+Planning
- TODO: Chris P. will come up with a date for version one of the RoadMap from the leads
- TODO: Chris P./Paul will come up with a process for the leads to move forward with creating the roadmap