The goal is to do the following:
1) Make it easy for an admin to see what privileges are needed to perform a sequence of actions.
2) Improve the page a user sees when they fail a privilege check.
3) Improve documentation on how to use privileges/roles and avoid pitfalls.
4) Add ability to define which privileges can view or edit forms and encounter types.
Topic: Roles & Privileges
Leads: Daniel Kayiwa
Date: 21-May-2012 to 04-June-2012
via IRC on the #openmrs channel on freenode.
Use this channel for ALL debugging and random questions having to do with the sprint. Please avoid direct messaging to personal contacts. If you have a question, someone else probably does too, and our geographically distributed community benefits from public group discussion.
How to Participate
Add your name to the list on this wiki page (with any comments about your availability). If you want to join after the sprint has started just join the IRC channel mentioned above and say hello.
The general process:
- New to OpenMRS sprints? Want help getting started? Join the IRC channel and say "dkayiwa: I'd like to participate in the sprint!"
- Pick a ticket from the available tickets in the top-left of the sprint dashboard page. (listed below)
- Make sure it does not depend on a ticket that is incomplete.
- If you have any questions about the ticket, ask on the group chat
- Do the ticket
- Commit code and click "Committed Code" (preferred) or attach a Patch and click "Request Code Review"
- Join the daily scrum to share your updates
- Unknown User (bwolfe)
- Unknown User (raff)
- Unknown User (wyclif)
- Daniel Kayiwa
- Unknown User (mvorobey) (25 % of time)
- Rajib Sengupta (Approx 1 to 2 hr each day)
This week's sprint: https://tickets.openmrs.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=11757