Child pages
  • 2012-02-16 Leadership Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

16 February 2012

How To Join

Contact Paul Biondich for more information on how to join the call.

In Attendance

Paul Biondich
Hamish Fraser
Darius Jazayeri
Andy Kanter
Burke Mamlin
Mike Seaton
Chris Seebregts
Dawn Smith
Ben Wolfe

Agenda

Topic

Topic Leader(s)

Time

Category

Notes

Implementers Forum

Dawn Seymour

10min

Administrative

Purpose: Re-visit how the implementers forum has gone thus far. Reconsider having a "Community Forum" rather than split implementers/developers

Contributions from Merck

Paul Biondich

20min

Administrative

Purpose: Provide updates to the group about OpenMRS and the collaborative relationship with these organisations

Contributions from IeDEA

Paul Biondich

5min

Administrative

Purpose: Provide updates to the group about OpenMRS and the collaborative relationship with these organisations

Project Cello Updates

Darius Jazayeri

15 min

 

Purpose: Provide updates on previous discussion of Project Cello

OpenMRS Workshop at BRAC University and MoH in Bangladesh

Chris Seebregts

5min

Administrative

Purpose: Chris will update us about an opportunity to do an OpenMRS workshop in Bangladesh

Meeting Minutes

Implementers Forum

  • How can we improve this?
    • Andy: Make it an office hours type of session where people can come on and discuss their questions.
    • Ben: Create a way to collect what the community wants to know more about and then connect with the presenter, advertise the community, etc.
    • Dawn: Do we consolidate the University call and Implementers Forum to make a shared office hours?
    • Darius: Implementers talking to each other will happen naturally if there are enough people present
    • Hamish: We could do a University call for the implementers specifically and see how that engages the community
    • Mike Seaton: Do we know the proportion of implementers emails on the listserv compared to developers?
      • Paul: I'd say 3:1

Contributions from Merck

  • Paul: Merck is interested in understanding how open source communities work and how patient record systems can be the base of secondary use in retrospective analyses
  • Paul: Merck has an understanding of how OpenMRS works, and they see an opportunity to participate in the community and learn from it.
  • Paul: Merck has offered to help support our implementers meeting, and we'll engage Merck more with the leadership team for future collaborations
  • Andy: There is a similar collaboration between Columbia University and Merck like what you're describing at Regenstrief. We should talk to see what that overlap is.
  • Paul: We should help implementers know where they are and who they are. The Atlas Module could help with this by allowing implementations to opt-in and put themselves on the OpenMRS map.
    • Paul: It would need to be full disclosure to the implementations that if they opt-in, Merck could reach out to collaborate with those sites.
  • Darius: When we had a talk about bounties in the community to get developers to do work, and the fact that Merck could talk to implementations on their own and implementations are open to being contacted, then I'm fine with it.

Contributions from IeDEA

  • International Epidemiological Database to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA)
    • The East Africa partnership is connect with IU who is collaborating to reduce mother-to-child transmission of HIV
    • There is money in this grant to do the work, and IU seconded a developer into the OpenMRS community
      • He will have his own internal tasks done, and then contribute to the OpenMRS core
  • Andy: Do we have a road map for him yet? Paul: We're working on putting that together

OpenMRS Workshop at BRAC University and MoH in Bangladesh

  • Chris S: This is a request from Chris Bailey and Tim Evans
    • Chris S: It's a great opportunity yet it conflicts with our annual leadership meeting at the beginning of March
    • Paul: Understanding the stage of readiness for OpenMRS will help decide. Is it just information gathering, training and if so what type?
      • Paul: There are OpenMRS experts who can help with this, if needed. Yet if it is a national rollout of OpenMRS for what has been done in Rwanda, then that would certainly require one of the leadership members to go
      • Hamish: I believe they are looking for a national rollout long term

Update on Project Cello

  • Darius:
  • No labels