- Jeremy Keiper
- Wyclif Luyima
- Michael Downey
- Darius Jazayeri
- Ada Yeung
- Dawn Seymour
- Paul Biondich
- Ben Wolfe
- Shaun Grannis
- Roger Friedman
- Jonah S. Mwogi
- Randy Carroll
- Sriskandarajah Suhothayan
- James Egg
- Mike Seaton
- Balachandiran Ajanthan
- Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
- De-duplication - led by Shaun Grannis (45 min)
- Review infrastructure plans
- Can we make builds more reliable?
- Moving things to OSUOSL
- Naming a 1.9 release manager - (5 min)
- After-action review & next week's agenda (5 min)
- 10 minutes late starting
Last week review - 20 min
- Discussion about module support and the role of module developers to upgrade their module over time and test for compatibility.
- An e-mail should go out to the new module developer list about changes in 1.8. A wiki page should be created and the e-mail should point to it.
- TODO: Jeremy will send out information about design changes for the Data Integrity module.
Back-porting bug fixes - 5 min
- We need to define a policy on back-porting bug fixes.
- Ben: In theory, all bug fixes get back-ported. There's a "slightly sliding" scale for back-porting features.
- Many things will be on a case-by-case basis.
De-Duplication - 60 min
- Shaun has been working on patient de-duplication for a long time and is now working to integrate that technology into OpenMRS.
- They've created a module that uses a matching approach to look at different identifiers.
- Challenge: The algorithm is so complex, it's not approachable enough for most implementers to use the module.
- Demo: http://connect.openmrs.org/
- Ada has prioritized the unresolved Patient Matching tickets here.
Infrastructure Top 15 - 20 min
- Test server
- bafang upgrades
- Crucible @ OSUOSL
- OpenMRS ID session management problems
- JIRA session issues
- Subversion & OpenMRS ID
- OpenMRS ID "2.0"
- Future of OpenMRS Forum
- Online presence
- Adobe Connect
- Module Repository
- Summer of Code 2011
Feedback for Patient Matching Module
- User Interface
- Avoid horizontal scrolling (UI anti-pattern) – PTM-29
- Either lighten (grey) ignored fields or bold those that are used – PTM-30
- Show groups visually instead of just with group numbers – PTM-31
- Consider using CSS to class first-in-group & last-in-group rows in the display of matches, then replacing the horizontal line separator with a soft background image (light grey or very light blue) that has rounded top corners & space above for first-in-group, rounded bottom corners & space below for last-in-group, and is a background for other rows. This would create the illusion of rounded panels around each group
- Show "stack" of patients on right during merge when there's more than two in group – i.e., visually indicate when I need to use prev/next buttons – PTM-32
- Instead of highlighting voided patient in red, make them light grey and/or apply strikethru – PTM-33
- Show strategy used for each report (i.e. strategies column in list of previously run reports) – PTM-34
- Suggested enhancements
- Allow user to create custom fields (e.g., name in all capitals, address passed through my FooBar function, etc.). Custom fields could be provided by other modules. – PTM-35
- Provide a "select all in group" or – perhaps better – check all by default or make merge button assume all in group if none checked – PTM-36
- Backchannel IRC transcript
- Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download - available after the meeting