- Unknown User (michael)
- Wyclif Luyima
- Unknown User (jeremy)
- Unknown User (burke)
- Shaun Grannis
- Unknown User (r.friedman)
- Unknown User (sunbiz)
- Mark Goodrich
- Unknown User (darius)
- Unknown User (dawn)
- Unknown User (paul)
- Unknown User (bwolfe)
- Unknown User (ayeung)
- Unknown User (ayunis)
- Daniel Kayiwa
- Unknown User (muraguri2005)
- Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
- 1.8 Update - Wyclif
- Multiple providers per encounter (Design Page) (TRUNK-39) and Support for Visits (Design Page) (TRUNK-48) - led by Burke (45 mins)
- "Introduce" Daniel Kayiwa (5 min)
- After-action review & next week's agenda (5 min)
- Time Keeper: TBD
(15 min late starting)
1.8 Update (40 min)
- Beta is released
- RC1 coming soon. Until then, more testing needs to be done. RC1 can't be released until at least one (ideally 2+) implementations have tested.
- A recurring theme over the last several releases has been a limited pool of testers. (Implementations tend to have very limited people & technology resources to volunteer for testing.)
- Darius: Should this type of testing happen with a RC version instead? Takes time for volunteers to test so many modules. 1.8 is likely to break some modules due to the changes in widgets.
- Burke: Let's see what type of testing can be automated. Wyclif will coordinate.
- Paul: Many applications (especially beyond open source communities) release without having external implementation feedback. We may be putting a non-sustainable burden on people & organizations that don't have resources.
- Michael: To replace implementer testing at a minimum it's necessary to have a formal documented QA testing process (use cases, etc.).
- Roger: We should communicate with module developers about the changes in trunk that could break their modules and encourage them to test/fix.
- TODO: Michael to create a module mailing (notification) list and use those listed in the module repository as initial subscribers.
- TODO: Wyclif to explicate the goals & tasks to test bundled modules in the Testing Releases page. He will work with module developers to make sure test cases are complete.
- 2 or 3 tickets not yet completed.
- Ben: Working on a patch that Upul started docs:TRUNK-26 to modify the initialization wizard. This could be modified for pre-release testing that could connect to an external existing database and copy it into the virtual appliance for testing. (This functionality would only be turned on for the appliance distribution.)
- TODO: Wyclif will coordinate developing webdriver tests. Ben sent a mail to a volunteer interested in testing.
Daniel Kayiwa (5 min)
- Ben introduced Daniel Kayiwa, who is joining the core development team full time.
Multiple Providers per Encounter (50 min)
Support for visits (15 min)
- Backchannel IRC transcript
- Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download - available after the meeting