Wiki Spaces

Documentation
Projects
Resources

Get Help from Others

Q&A: Ask OpenMRS »
Discussion: OpenMRS Talk »
Real-Time: IRC Chat

Resources

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

26 August 2010

In Attendance

Agenda

  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • Road Map Review (60 min)
    • Update on 1.7 Testing (5 min)
    • 1.8 Status Update (30 min)
      • Review of hackathon
      • Targets for 1.8
    • 1.9 Review (15 min)
    • 2.0 Update (10 min)
  • New website (20 min)
  • Maven update (15 min)
    • What do developers think?
  • After-action review & next week's agenda (5 min)

Minutes

Monthly ?Technical Road Map Review

1.7 testing

  • Some installation delays at AMPATH.
  • ?Jeremy Keiper is headed to Kenya and will help them with 1.7 installation this week end and testing over the next week.
  • Still on track for release around end of the month.

1.8 release status

  • As of today, 46 tickets are still open.
  • Tentative alpha date is about 1 month from now (approx 1 October) and a potential release in 8 weeks.
  • TODO: ?Wyclif Luyima needs to determine what is in and what is out as release manager, and select some minor tickets for inclusion in 1.8. There are also a few tickets that need priority assigned (they are currently TBD).
  • TODO: ?Burke Mamlin will update ?Technical Road Map Planning and ?Release Process to describe the process for inclusion of minor tickets in releases.
  • TODO: ?Sy Haas will document how tickets were selected for 1.7 release.
  • The hackathon was productive both from issues worked and guidance about Maven changes.

Trunk tickets needing design review should be put into the appropriate state. "Needs Assessment" is for new tickets that have yet to be validated.

1.9 Preview

  • We need a volunteer for 1.9 release manager. We'll talk about it more next week.
  • It would be beneficial to discuss this in the ??2010 Implementers Group Meeting Program.
  • TODO: ?Mike Seaton will e-mail the implementers list with questions about 1.9 topics for the implementers meeting.

2.0 Planning

  • Darius is the presumptive release manager for 2.0.
  • Post-implementer meeting, Darius will complete the selection of UI frameworks and set up a project with said framework, infrastructure, etc.
  • He has been working with an intern on ??OpenMRS 2.0 User Interface Redesign but those designs are still very early and incomplete.
  • A course at IU School of Informatics is doing a usability evaluation and user testing of 1.7 this semester which should produce design recommendations.
  • ?Glen McCallum suggested the need for a UI guidelines document for both core & module developers.
  • Discussion about how to define page fragments that users/administrators can manipulate in v2.0

Misc.

  •  
    50%

    Task List

    1. handler

      Burke will update Road Map Planning & Release Process to describe the process for inclusion of minor tickets in releases.

      Priority MEDIUM
      bmamlin
      N/A
    2. handler

      Mike Seaton will e-mail the implementers list with questions about 1.9 topics for the implementers meeting.

      Priority MEDIUM
      mseaton
      2010-08-26
    3. handler

      Sy will document how tickets were selected for 1.7 release.

      Priority MEDIUM
      sy
      2010-08-26
    4. handler

      Wyclif Luyima needs to determine what is in and what is out as release manager, and select some minor tickets for inclusion in 1.8. There are also a few tickets that need priority assigned (they are currently TBD).

      Priority HIGH
      wyclif
      N/A

Transcripts

  • Backchannel IRC transcript
  • Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download - available after call
  • No labels