26 August 2010
- ??Unknown User (michael)
- ?Unknown User (sy)
- ?Unknown User (umashanthi)
- ?Wyclif Luyima
- ?Unknown User (justin)
- ?Unknown User (gmccallum)
- ?Unknown User (mseaton)
- ?Unknown User (dawn)
- ?Burke Mamlin
- ?Unknown User (mogoodrich)
- ?Unknown User (paul)
- Hamish Fraser
- Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
- Road Map Review (60 min)
- Update on 1.7 Testing (5 min)
- 1.8 Status Update (30 min)
- Review of hackathon
- Targets for 1.8
- 1.9 Review (15 min)
- 2.0 Update (10 min)
- New website (20 min)
- Maven update (15 min)
- What do developers think?
- After-action review & next week's agenda (5 min)
Monthly ?Technical Roadmap Review
- Some installation delays at AMPATH.
- ?Unknown User (jeremy) is headed to Kenya and will help them with 1.7 installation this week end and testing over the next week.
- Still on track for release around end of the month.
1.8 release status
- As of today, 46 tickets are still open.
- Tentative alpha date is about 1 month from now (approx 1 October) and a potential release in 8 weeks.
- TODO: ?Wyclif Luyima needs to determine what is in and what is out as release manager, and select some minor tickets for inclusion in 1.8. There are also a few tickets that need priority assigned (they are currently TBD).
- TODO: ?Burke Mamlin will update ?Technical Roadmap Planning and ?Release Process to describe the process for inclusion of minor tickets in releases.
- TODO: ?Unknown User (sy) will document how tickets were selected for 1.7 release.
- The hackathon was productive both from issues worked and guidance about Maven changes.
Trunk tickets needing design review should be put into the appropriate state. "Needs Assessment" is for new tickets that have yet to be validated.
- We need a volunteer for 1.9 release manager. We'll talk about it more next week.
- It would be beneficial to discuss this in the ??2010 Implementers Group Meeting Program.
- TODO: ?Unknown User (mseaton) will e-mail the implementers list with questions about 1.9 topics for the implementers meeting.
- Darius is the presumptive release manager for 2.0.
- Post-implementer meeting, Darius will complete the selection of UI frameworks and set up a project with said framework, infrastructure, etc.
- He has been working with an intern on ??OpenMRS 2.0 User Interface Redesign but those designs are still very early and incomplete.
- A course at IU School of Informatics is doing a usability evaluation and user testing of 1.7 this semester which should produce design recommendations.
- ?Unknown User (gmccallum) suggested the need for a UI guidelines document for both core & module developers.
- Discussion about how to define page fragments that users/administrators can manipulate in v2.0
- Backchannel IRC transcript
- Audio recording of the call: Listen online or download - available after call