Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
15 July 2010
- Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
- Should we release a 1.5.3 and 1.6.2? -Ben (5 min)
- Should we close out the 1.4.x and 1.5.x lines? -Ben (5 min)
- 1.7 release update (15 min)
- Timing for beta release
- Plan(s) for testing beta
- Timing of final release
- 1.8 release update (1 hour)
- Discuss JIRA workflow (25 min)
- After-action review & next week's agenda (5 min)
Release 1.5.3 and 1.6.2?
End of Life Discussions
- Michael pointed out how we've never formally called an EOL to versions of OpenMRS
- What does it mean to be EOL?
- No longer supported by core developers
- No longer patched
- Directory moved to endoflife
- Came to basic consensus on supporting three versions of OpenMRS at any one point as a basic rule
- create EOL folder
- create wiki page that describes what it means to be EOL
- add EOL workflow process to release process page
- announce 1.4 EOL in next week, with date: 1-2 weeks following 1.7 release
- announce 1.5 EOL around time of 1.8 alpha release
1.7 release update
- 1.7 Beta will be released tonight, July 15th. All open bugs are set to be reviewed and committed today.
- beta testing:
- We need a production implementation to test the beta before the release.
- TODO: Sy will twist some arms of implementations
- We should still do an RC because more people will probably test with that.
- TODO RC release date of Aug 5th.
- Timing of a final release is set for August 19th.
1.8 release update
- 10-ten list was gone through and ranked as fixable or not, and possible priority.
- TODO: Wyclif will create and/or assign tickets
- Hackathon: everyone is welcome to join in person or remotely.
- Mike is better for 23/24 of Aug. Ben/Jeremy can't do 25/26th potentially.
- TODO: Ben to figure out what his flight plans are.
- TODO: Darius to write to developer's list to ask.
- punted until next week. Email the developer's list with any issues you have with jira