Wiki Spaces

Documentation
Projects
Resources

Get Help from Others

Q&A: Ask OpenMRS »
Discussion: OpenMRS Talk »
Real-Time: IRC Chat

Resources

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

6 May 2010

In Attendance

Agenda

  • Quickly review previous meeting minutes (5 min)
  • Quick messaging module update and nuntium demo (10 min)
  • Monthly Roadmap review (60 min)
  • 1.7 Release test group (5 min)
  • After-action review & next week's agenda (5 min)

Minutes

Messaging Module - Nuntium demo

  • Juan did a demo of the latest state of the messaging module's integration with Nuntium.

1.7 Release Testing

  • Jeremy from AMPATH put out a call for additional testers to assist testing the 1.7 release.
  • Burke suggested adding a "call for testing" to the release process. This could go out on the implementers mailing list.

    Jeremy will put together an initial e-mail for the implementers list.*Anyone who wants to come up with test scenarios for 1.7 and future releases should contact Jeremy. These scenarios should be added on Testing_Releases

  • Burke feels we should have a standardized testing process across releases.

Road Map

  • Nareesa is working on a survey for implementers to gather data to be used for the 1.8 performance release. It will gather data about perceived performance problems that users are having. The survey is still a work-in-progress.
  • Sy went through the major items for 1.7.
    • Problem lists and allergy lists - Sy is just starting.
    • Location Hierarchy and Location Tagging - Darius is working on it.
    • Improved handling of Concept Tags - Wyclif has some design concerns about this. These concerns will be brought up on the dev list and in design review meetings.
    • Support for Spring Framework 3.0 - Done.
    • Migrate Boolean concepts to codes in the database - Waiting on a second code review after a few changes.
    • Daemon user for background/system processes - ?
    • Jeremy opened a new ticket on HSQLDB and wanted to know if it should be addressed for 1.7. Jeremy will introduce the issue on the developers mailing list for discussion.

      There are only a few unclaimed tickets for 1.7.*If you are able to work on an unclaimed ticket, please assign it to yourself. Sy will e-mail the developers list today with the remaining tickets and a last call for volunteers.

  • 1.8 release manager will be named next week.
  • Some deeper thought needs to happen about how feature/functionality ideas turn into projects, and how we document and track this transition. JIRA may be able to support this work. Users should perhaps be able to vote for bugs and features within JIRA.

Transcripts