Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
29 April 2010
- Burke described the current ticket priorities in use.
- We should try to differentiate between complexity and severity/urgency.
- We will go with what's listed on the wiki page and iterate based on feedback, and revisit this topic in future weeks.
Use of Checkstyle to enforce coding style
- Burke suggested several things that Checkstyle could be used to look for when people are checking in code.
Messaging Module project update
- Updates will be 2 weeks moving forward to match their 2-week release cycle.
- InSTEDD is contributing more developers to the project, and other volunteers in the community have stepped forward.
- The team is evaluating short codes and microsyntax, e.g. OMHE.
- Alpha release should be within a month. The team is looking for implementations interested in testing the module.
- In the next cycle: UI refinements, messaging platforms will be implemented, API will be fully in place.
Targets for 1.7 and 1.8
- Sy sent out an e-mail yesterday about unassigned tickets. Thanks to volunteers – but more are needed!
- We need to end conversations about new features for 1.7.
- Several of the minor tickets were picked up to be included in 1.7. The ones that aren't assigned need a volunteer, or they will be deferred.
- GSoC students are encouraged to take an unassigned ticket for 1.7 to work on before GSoC begins.
- Anything without an owner during next Thursday's meeting will be pushed out of 1.7.
- Projected date (very subject to change) for alpha release: July 1