4 March 2010
How To Join
We are using a new teleconference service. Please use the following information to join us.
US telephone number:+1-712-432-0075*
Access code:*707531 #
Before the call begins, add the Skype user ID*freeconferencing. It will automatically appear "online" in your Skype contact list.
- Start a regular Skype voice call to this user.
When instructed, use the numeric dial/keypad in Skype to enter the access code followed by the pound symbol:*707531 #
*Note: If you are participating via Skype, please use a headset/microphone, or at minimum earphones/headphones.
- Quickly review previous meeting minutes
- Update on 1.6 release
- GSoC 2010 applications for organizations due between March 8th and 12th - http://socghop.appspot.com/
- Update on OASYS messaging project
- Initial roundtable discussion about the OpenMRS online community resources:
- Michael Downey's strategy proposal
- Information/knowledge management
- Collaboration tools
- Developer tools
- "Marketing" information about the product
- After-action review & next week's agenda
- Note: Daylight Saving Time begins 14-March in the US
1.6 release update
- Darius has a question on a few tickets that are blocking 1.6 release:
- Ticket 2103 - Concept Name/Description/Synonyms don't display correctly. Jeremy & Ada are working to assess the impact of this issue.
- Ticket 1725 - Adding Deactivate/Reactivate or Retire/Unretire Options in User Form. Darius would like someone to go over this and confirm his comments or add others if possible. Sy will work on this.
- If these tickets require work, it may delay RC1 until next week.
- RC1 should stay out for at least a week of actual use. If nothing gets filed, move to final release.
- Michael will handle the application for GSoC this year. Burke will get him the materials from last year to use as a template.
- Applications for organizations will be accepted next week.
- The following people will be mentors (and maybe others): Ben, Darius, Win, Wyclif, Sy, Jeremy. If you are willing to be a mentor this year, please contact Michael.
- Zeshan gave an update on the OASYS project. Development is underway.
- The team sent out an update to the developers list a few days ago and is hoping to get feedback ASAP.
- Everyone is encouraged to review and comment on the requirements documents that have been posted to the wiki.
- The meetings are going well, but we need to make sure people on the phone and on Skype have more opportunity to speak up. More pauses would help.
- IRC is useful. More people should get on IRC during the meetings.