11 February 2010
- Attendees of the OpenMRS_Developer_Training_Week_8-February-2010
- Paul Biondich
- Michael Downey
- Darius Jazayeri
- Burke Mamlin
- Win Ribeka
- Mike Seaton
- Ben Wolfe
- Zeshan Rajput
- Temporary number for today: Dial +1 812 856 7060 code 118#
- Status of 1.6 Beta, and remaining roadmap for 1.6 release (Darius):
- New bugs
- Status of 1.6 Beta migration in Kenya (Win, Burke)
- Beta 2 timing?
- RC1 timing?
- Quick update from the training workshop for non-participants (Darius & Ben)
- How to be a contributing member of the global OpenMRS development community (Paul, Burke, Ben, Darius)
- OpenMRS access from Smart Mobile phones - review of data access / security issues (Vibha Anand, Sarah Wiehe)
- Discussed readiness for 1.6 release.
- There were a couple bugs found in Kenya by James Kariuki.
- Testing for CHICA (by Sy) found that we need to make core modules such that they do not need to be required by other modules. archive:TRAC-2066
- Expect 1.6 RC next week. Will e-mail implementers to find if another implementation will test prior to full release (targeted for Feb 26th)
- Clarification of definition for "core" modules, meaning modules that are essentially part of core functionality. "Bundled" modules are modules that come with a particular distribution, but are not part of care.
- Reviewed conventions for Release_Process
- Update from workshop
- Ben wanted to link to the OpenMRS_Developer_Training_Week_8-February-2010
- We punted the "How to be a contributing member of the global OpenMRS development community" to the training week sessions
- Accessing OpenMRS from Smart Mobile phones
- Description of a project on collecting daily diaries of teen girls through mobile phones connecting to an OpenMRS instance
- Teens will have a phone provided by the project. Survey will be daily questionnaire at the convenience of the teen, ideally giving a reminder if not filled. GPS coordinates are collected from the phone each 5 minutes.
- We discussed options around security aspects of the project and made some suggestions in terms of securely gathering data through phones.
Any other Business
- Paul wanted to suggest some dates for a road map summit. Proposed a Thursday-Friday in a month (e.g., March 11-12, 2010).
- Talked about removing ConceptSet and how to maintain ordering archive:TRAC-1921
- We could use a List
- We could create another way to represent set members that contains weights or comparator.