Wiki Spaces

Documentation
Projects
Resources

Get Help from Others

Q&A: Ask OpenMRS »
Discussion: OpenMRS Talk »
Real-Time: IRC Chat

Resources

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

<html><head><title></title></head><body>h1. Date

4 February 2010

In Attendance

  • Vibha Anand
  • Paul Biondich
  • Michael Downey
  • Sy Haas
  • Saji Ijiyemi
  • Steven Lorenz
  • Wyclif Luyima
  • Burke Mamlin
  • Saeed Mehrabi
  • Zeshan Rajput
  • Win Ribeka
  • Judy Wawira
  • Ben Wolfe
    <!--
  • Darius Jazayeri
  • Justin Miranda
  • Mike Seaton
  • Yati Tandon
    -->

Agenda

  • Update on 1.6 beta
  • Mental health module: An overview and compression into OpenMRS framework
  • Last-minute updates on next week's training workshop

Pre-Meeting Notes

Issues regarding the Mental Health Module

Most of the discussion will be based on the mockups here, please glance at them: Mental_Health_module

A few startup Questions

  • Should mental health be a module or should we adopt a purely form based system on the existing OpenMRS platform?
  • Mental health is greatly verbose. We have tried to limit this by adopting the most common used words so as to fit in the openmrs nature and to allow for searching. What is your opinion on the mockups? The summaries of words that can be adopted as concepts?
  • Openmrs has various roles…. system developer(now extinct), clinician and administrator, data manager and the data clerks. the mental health module / care has different users with different roles and permissions---the psychiatrist, the psychiatrist nurse, clinical psychologist, occupational therapists etc....how can we merge the two? do we need separate login pages
  • The issue of standardized dictionaries is widely discussed in openmrs...we are interested in the ICD 10 and DSM IV TR....what is the progress on this or is this a project that is still developing? What would be the best way of incorporating such coding and various scoring systems that are characteristic of mental health practice?
  • The nature of relationships has become key in openmrs...what would users think of extending the same to the module?
  • What is your feel of the module(of course just from the user interface)....too bulky...deficient...ambitious...impractical...anything...should we throw it out!!

Minutes

Update on 1.6 beta

  • The rate of bugs being found by testers has slowed dramatically. This suggests the beta is pretty stable.
  • Win gave a report from 1.6's deployment at AMPATH. No bugs in form entry. The problem he had was not related to the code itself. He feels 1.6 doesn't need any changes for AMPATH. Paul says that AMPATH's impression of 1.6 is very positive - the system is performing much better with 1.6.
  • Ben wants to stay in beta for a while longer and perhaps send less time in RC1. Maybe plan for RC next weekend.
  • Paul & Burke will handle how AMPATH moves to the RC later on today.
  • Sy & Vibha discussed the status of problems migrating CHICA from 1.4 to 1.6. The concerns about UUIDs is handled due to liquibase updating the 1.4 database. CHICA will still not run rules - Sy and Vibha will meet to resolve the problem.

    Based on all these factors (plus the training next week) -*RC1 is targeted between 17-19 February.

Mental health module

  • Judy described her work on the mental health module.
  • Ben suggested Judy e-mail the dev list and asked about a widget module that Dave or Darius wrote in the past, which could be key in implementing the ideas Judy has presented.
  • The forms Judy has designed require data lookups. Ben says that is possible to do in HTML forms.
  • Judy is looking for anyone interested in mental health to assist with the module. Paul & Ben suggested that she look to the implementers community.
  • Burke said that Bill Tierney has interest in making a mental health package. Ben also pointed to WHO interest in this area. Michael said that a person at Eli Lilly research has some expressed some interest in this idea, and forwarded Judy's e-mail to him.
  • Essentially, Judy would like to form a team to work on mental health. She has the ability to work on design & application development. The people in Indianapolis will try to find some people to meet with Judy.
  • If Judy has not found people to work with before summer, Google Summer of Code could provide a formal mentor.

Training workshop

  • Burke says the training agenda should allow time for the weekly developer calls so new people will understand the larger community and regular activities.
  • Vibha asked if there were any slides or other materials. Paul has some from another organization that he will post on the web.
  • There may be 40+ people locally in Indianapolis and more remotely. There is no clear number established, we will plan to be surprised.
  • We will ask people to write down their goals for the workshop at the beginning of Monday, and use that as a data point, and perhaps adjust the agenda slightly if something major was overlooked.
    *

    </body></html>