Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
19 March 2009
- Paul Biondich
- Mike Seaton
- Ben Wolfe
- Sam Mbugua
- Brian McKown
- Darius Jazayeri
- GSoC Mentors
- GSoC Projects
- Maitenance of projects.openmrs.org
- OIP's involvement in this summer's internships
- Mobile / Android updates
- Driving the DevStudio into broad usage
- Reaching out to potential students in implementing countries.
- Discussion of items in Talk__Projects and what projects may fit which mentors.
- Deciding on a project to mentor:
- Should mentor a project that is mission critical to an implementation?
- What are the costs if the student drops out?
- Try to mentor a project that is relevant to what the mentor-developer needs for an implementation.
- Projects that will satisfy an implementation's needs are good for implementations as well as good for the students' satisfaction.
- TODO: Darius will reach out to Maro's about his mentorship in GSoC.
- Darius is listed as WYSIWYG Designer. He will expound on it more.
- Paul may edit this with regards to "Why this is important to medicine."
- We should infuse the same on all descriptions.
- We should put up any/all small/large potential projects
- Mentors (48 hours for final decision):
- Dave - Global Property Types
- Darius - WYSIWYG Designer
- Mike - Daily Reports or Note Functionality
- Paul - Longitudinal Data Review
- Ben - Serialization Service
- Brian - Audit Module (possibly Form Import/Export) will commit w/in 48 hrs.
- Justin - Quartz Scheduler (or a scheduled e-mail capability) Ben will write up both project descriptions in Justin's absence.
- Vibha & Tammy - Caching in the Logic Service (or performance improvements to logic service) Paul with inquire of them.
- Shaun Grannis - Patient Matching
- Daniel Kayiwa - possibly PHP-Java Bridge (making API more accessible for PHP) or Note Functionality
- Paul & Darius will check with Christian about the similar codesnap project.
- Saptarshi - Role Based Home Pages
- Other Community Members as Mentors - Mocha Mobile; Odyssius Master-Patient Index Project; Frontline SMS Server for OpenMRS
- Projects in General
- Habit of adding Project Proposals to Projects page all year around.
- Have a curator for the Projects page to keep it updated.
- Make sure the Development Studio is ready for students to use this year as a starting pathway.