Options available for imaging in OpenMRS
- Google Maps Imaging Module
- Currently doesn't work on OpenMRS 1.5. Requires complex obs branch. Has tickets already, and Mike says can can probably fix them.
- Allows annotations on the image
OpenMRS includes Complex Obs support now
We looked at how to setup a complex observation and then store an image in it.
- Verify "Complex" exists under Administration, Manage Concept Datatypes
- Create a concept, of Complex datatype. Choose a Handler of ImageHandler.
- Create an observation
- Click Administration
- Manage Observations
- Add Observation
- Fill out the form to create a new observation
- Select a concept that is of complex datatype (maybe the one you just created/edited).
- Browse to upload the image
Final Notes / Concerns
- The files are stored in a directory in the file system
- Images are saved with their original name.
- If an image of the same file name exists, it adds a 01 to the end of the file name. For example, mypicture.jpg then mypicture01.jpg
- What are the file system limitations? Is there any structure to the files?
- Remember to backup the images.
- Thanks Mike and Ben for sharing your knowledge!