Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
24 July 2008
- Ben Wolfe
- Brian McKown
- Burke Mamlin
- Justin Miranda
- Robby O'Connor
- Vinit Agrawal
- Ralph Morelli
- Paul Biondich
- Mark Benscoter
- Shaun Grannis
- Mike Seaton
- Maros Cunderlik
- Tor Lye
- Daniel Kayiwa
- Sheraz Noormohammad
- Sri Prasanna
- Darius Jazayeri
- Kevin Peters
- Carl Fourie
- Mamadou Diallo
- Nyoman Ribeka
- Chris Seebregts
- Hamish Fraser
- Dave Thomas
- OpenMRS 1.3
- Structured Numeric data model discussion - Vinit Agrawal
- Unit Testing
- Are we set on a date for a unit-test-a-thon in Boston?
- We need to begin the discussion of what our unit testing conventions should be
- The need for a "Quality Assurance Manager" role that can oversee and promote unit testing
- Intern project plan review: Matthew Shanks
- Intern project plan review: Shahid - Delayed until next week so both Andreas (mentor) and Shahid (Intern) can be on the call
- OpenMRS 1.3 is to be released as soon as possible
- Privilege changes are the big hurdle for 1.2-->1.3
- TODO: bwolfe: View Locations, etc that were good for AUTHENTICATED users should be added to the Authenticated role.
- TODO: bwolfe: The privileges that changes from Manage ___ to View/Edit/Delete ___
- Structured Numeric
- Developer's mailing list archive thread
- Rename obs.value_modifier var char 2 to obs.value_structured_numeric var char 50
- This column will store the four ideas: value1 value2 separator modifier
- Perhaps use the hl7 convention to store these?
- Perhaps use xml to store these?
- Perhaps just in a free text but predictable order ?
- If needed in the future, min/max columns can be added
- If queries are done on a strucutured numeric, they can use the median value
- Create a ConceptStructuredNumeric class that extends ConceptNumeric
- TODO: Vinit to send an email to the dev list summarizing this
- TODO: Contact Andreas and Shahid to make sure they can both be on next week
- Unit Testing
- TODO: bwolfe: send followup about unittesting code-a-thon testing dates (Looks like Aug 21st/22nd)
- Burke says unit tests are important
- We need to make unit testing as simple as possible
- Perhaps a few mock classes?
- Perhaps some tests to extend that have predictable data sets?
- Unit tests are tedious. Nobody likes them. Yet.
- Create a best practice unit test for one area (e.g. Concept or Patient)
- All classes should have a test. Each public method should have at least one test.
- TODO: bwolfe: post to ML: total amount of methods in openmrs and total number of test methods
- TODO: justin to look into getting behavior driven development installed before we take off with unit testing (all testing methods should being with the word "should" instead of "test), also see on BDD on Wikipedia