On behalf of the OpenMRS community and our funders, the Canadian International Development Research Centre (IDRC), the World Health Organization, the Fogarty International Centre, National Institutes of Health, USA, and the South African Medical Research Council we invite you to the OpenMRS Implementers Meeting from 22-26 April 2007 at the Monkey Valley Resort, Cape Town, South Africa (see the meeting web site: http://www.healthware.org/openmrs).
There are a limited number of places and interested attendees are invited to complete the online expression of interest form to secure a place.
The meeting will include most of the core developers of OpenMRS and representatives from the main implementation sites and is a great opportunity to share experiences of implementing OpenMRS and participate in the design of future applications of the technology. The meeting will have significant technical content and there will be ample opportunity for existing implementers to advance their knowledge of OpenMRS and learn advanced techniques as well as for new implementers to get a jump start on implementing OpenMRS. There will also be sessions devoted to development issues and extensions of OpenMRS to other health informatics applications.
22-26 April 2007
Official Web Site
- Implementation of OpenMRS and HIV patient and treatment management systems in African developing countries
- New technical developments related to OpenMRS such as the desktop version, handheld and mobile data collection systems and XForms
- Design and development of mobile data collection applications using OpenMRS and open source form editors
- OpenMRS technology training (concept dictionary development, installation and deployment, forms development, etc.)
Who should attend
- Existing and new implementers of OpenMRS and electronic medical record systems
- Developers of health data collection applications
- Managers of health facilities with a requirement for data collection
- Open source developers
Note to Implementers
A limited amount of funding is available to assist with the travel and accommodation costs of existing African OpenMRS implementers or people planning an OpenMRS implementation and who do not have institutional funding. Application details are available on the web site (http://www.healthware.org/openmrs).
Note to Presenters
If you would like to present an existing OpenMRS implementation or a requirement at the meeting, please contact the organizer, Dr Chris Seebregts (chris.seebregts!At-image.png!mrc.ac.za).
Anthea van Blerk
Biomedical Informatics Research Division, MRC, Cape Town, South Africa
Tel: +27 21 938 0851